Windows 10: C:\Users Directory

Discus and support C:\Users Directory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MM-2020, Mar 19, 2020.

1. MM-2020 Win User

C:\Users Directory

Good Afternoon,

I have a machine that is a member of a domain. The user account logged onto the machine is a user not an administrator. I run a portable program requires no prior installation as an administrator. I enter domain admin credentials. These domain credentials have never been used or entered on this machine before. The program runs. In C:\Users\ I now have a folder for the domain account I just used to run the program. Is this normal?

Thanks!

:)

MM-2020, Mar 19, 2020
  2. D0_We11 Win User

C:\users directory?

My C:\users directory shows up as C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico. Anyone know what's up with that?

Thanks;

D0_We11, Mar 19, 2020
  3. D0_We11 Win User
    C:\users directory?

The dir of what would normally be "C:\users" is literally "C:\Public\US SEAL 7.ico" even tho it contains an illegal character ..."\". Here's a picture of the directory structure:

C:\Users Directory cfb8f3d4-275f-4aeb-886b-ed944d88c7a1?upload=true.png

As you can see, "Public\US SEAL 7.ico" is a directory but something else is odd. When I'm under the directory of "Public\US SEAL 7.ico":

C:\Users Directory 0a658ee1-491d-4411-a52f-1014d735bb80?upload=true.png

I can't seem to get a picture of it but if I click in the address bar, it says I'm in the "C:\users" directory. I know the users directory was OK earlier today and was showing up in the root of C:\ as usual. I can't figure out what has happened to cause
    the dir structure to look like it does now. I looked around and US SEAL 7.ico is a file in an icon's directory I have so it's a valid ico file but I don't remember doing anything with it. That icon's directory is in the root of C:.

Hope this helps.

Thanks;

D0_We11, Mar 19, 2020
  4. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. C:\Users Directory - Similar Threads - Users Directory

2. I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...: I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like modified date or attribute type change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-used-active-directory-server-2019-but-how/2a28366f-a30f-4215-b6fa-b41735f23bfe
  3. I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...: I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like modified date or attribute type change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-used-active-directory-server-2019-but-how/2a28366f-a30f-4215-b6fa-b41735f23bfe
  4. I have used active directory server 2019 but how can i find out user attribute change like...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 Account Unknown for my user directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Account Unknown for my user directory: See first entry. Account Unknown. I set this machine up with my microsoft account and bought 365. I see no other users on my machine. A whoami shows me as GJVictus\gary_. The 365 guys says my user name is the first 5 from ny email -account address. That tracks, but 1 would...
  6. Windows 11 Account Unknown for my user directory

Windows 11 Account Unknown for my user directory: See first entry. Account Unknown. I set this machine up with my microsoft account and bought 365. I see no other users on my machine. A whoami shows me as GJVictus\gary_. The 365 guys says my user name is the first 5 from ny email -account address. That tracks, but 1 would...
  7. "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData

"An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData: When installing this error dialogue box appears: "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-occured-while-attempting-to-create-the/db7787ca-271c-404a-8e24-5b2b871c5d7e
  8. "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData: When installing this error dialogue box appears: "An error occured while attempting to create the directory: C:\Users\Me\AppData " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-error-occured-while-attempting-to-create-the/db7787ca-271c-404a-8e24-5b2b871c5d7e
  9. I have an active directory domain , a groupe of users , when i open wifi on laptop there is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an active directory domain , a groupe of users , when i open wifi on laptop there is...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-active-directory-domain-a-groupe-of/0c73906c-d266-4247-854b-4abe273a9eea
  10. I have an active directory domain , a groupe of users , when i open wifi on laptop there is...

I have an active directory domain , a groupe of users , when i open wifi on laptop there is...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-active-directory-domain-a-groupe-of/0c73906c-d266-4247-854b-4abe273a9eea