Windows 10: C:\Users file is over 100GB

Discus and support C:\Users file is over 100GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if it was normal for my C:\Users file to be 107GB. I'm not exactly sure how to clean it out or what to delete. Was simply looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vyper058, May 6, 2020.

1. Vyper058 Win User

C:\Users file is over 100GB

Hi,

I was wondering if it was normal for my C:\Users file to be 107GB. I'm not exactly sure how to clean it out or what to delete. Was simply looking for pointers to get started. Everything just seems to be a shortcut to another location file location. I'm not exactly sure what these 107GB are made up of. I have about 30GB worth of programs on my computer program files + program files x86 in C:, and no program files the Users file. I can see that the AppData file contains about 40GB, but that still leaves out 60GB. My laptop runs great, but I just felt like this number was quite odd, but maybe I'm wrong. Any suggestions?

:)

Vyper058, May 6, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 6, 2020
  3. SheIde51 Win User
    User file in C drive that is not a user file

The name is a portion of my email address so in this respect it's familiar to me. But I do not recall ever using that portion to create a User name. Also, why does it only appear in a User file on my C drive and nowhere else where Users are listed? And
    why is it designated a System File? My main question is, can I delete it?

SheIde51, May 6, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. C:\Users file is over 100GB - Similar Threads - Users file 100GB

2. Their is a file in my C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Their is a file in my C:\Users: I found a file in my C:\Users folder along with 2 Junaid AliUser and Public foldersThe file name is JunaidFile Type Fileis it fine to delete that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/their-is-a-file-in-my-cusers/e3681086-4711-416f-ba12-1db42247b4e1
  3. Their is a file in my C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Their is a file in my C:\Users: I found a file in my C:\Users folder along with 2 Junaid AliUser and Public foldersThe file name is JunaidFile Type Fileis it fine to delete that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/their-is-a-file-in-my-cusers/e3681086-4711-416f-ba12-1db42247b4e1
  4. USERS FILE IN C DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USERS FILE IN C DRIVE: Can i transfer my users file from c: drive to anyother drive? Will it harm my windows in anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-file-in-c-drive/de1198d6-5149-493e-aee3-d48c5cc04633
  5. Windows 10 User folder taking up 100GB+

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User folder taking up 100GB+: So I was looking at the drive I use to store windows on, in my case I have it stored on a 500GB Samsung SSD, and I was trying to clear out space for potentially installing my main games on it. I then located the user's folder which to my surprise I found that after clicking...
  6. Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB: I believe the problem has something to do with a game that was installed through the xbox app in windows 10, Halo Master Chief Collection. I tried moving the app to an external hard drive to recover storage space but after transferring and uninstalling the app my storage is...
  7. Microsoft Store installing apps but not a game over 100gb in size.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store installing apps but not a game over 100gb in size.: So the Microsoft store installs apps just fine, "Netflix" for example. But when trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I click the install button and it litterally does nothing. I've logged out and back in. I've used "WSReset.exe". I've deleted the Cache in...
  8. files missing in C:\Users\user

files missing in C:\Users\user: Hello, so I have files in my desktop and document folders [ATTACH] however when i navigate to C:\Users\conan\Documents or C:\Users\conan\Desktop the files don't show up. [ATTACH] does anyone know how i can get the folders and files to show up properlly? I don't have...
  9. User file in C drive that is not a user file

User file in C drive that is not a user file: I've been having a huge fight with this problem for a day or so and I'm losing and getting tired. So this is me asking for help. It all started a few days ago when I received a notification from Windows that my account needed attending to. So I clicked on the notification...
  10. System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System & reserved taking up over 100GB of space: My computer was warning me about having limited space left, so I checked what was taking up space on my PC and saw this [img] I saw somebody recommend TreeSize to look into what was taking up space and saw this [img] The installer folder and srudb.dat are taking up...