Windows 10: C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem?

Discus and support C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i cant click the windows they doesnt work if i click. also the taskbar is doesnt work if i click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dhia alya, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Dhia alya Win User

C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem?

i cant click the windows they doesnt work if i click. also the taskbar is doesnt work if i click

:)

Dhia alya, Jun 9, 2023

2. Onedrive Desktop Problems

I believe this is the AutoProtection feature in OneDrive that is not very well explained by Microsoft. Instead of keeping a local copy of your files, it moves all of the local folders to the OneDrive folder, and creates symlinks (that don't always work) in place of local content.

To disable, go to OneDrive settings - Auto-save - choose folders to unprotect.

You will then have to manually move the files/folders from OneDrive to the actual local place (so OneDrive/Desktop will need to be moved to %userfolder%/Desktop to restore local access)

Also see this this

user1018551, Jun 9, 2023
  3. mystvearn Win User
    Making PC desktop path native to onedrive folder?

Hi, I am using Microsoft office 365 as part of my institution package. Is it possible for the PC desktop files to natively display a folder from the onedrive? I want to make all common C: locations to onedrive locations. So if anything happens, I always have everything sync online?

Previously I synced the locations so from "C:\user\username" to other places on the PC. Previously, I use syncback to syncfolders to Onedrive and other HD's. However, this step is just redundant. When you sync onedrive to the PC, you still need to specify a place on the PC. So from "C:\user\username\ onedrive". Technically, Onedrive still uses a physical place on the PC to store files.
    So what I did is that I specify which part of the onedrive to replace "My Documents", "My Pictures", "Downloads" folder in the quick access. I am having a problem specifying or replacing the Desktop folder. Is it possible to change my native desktop to display directly the desktop on the onedrive online? The only problem I see is application shortcuts. You cannot specify a shortcut to appear on the onedrive folder. Aside from that, I get full autosave function of MS files which is connected to Onedrive. If it is not possible to replace the desktop file, I will still use the same solution with syncback.

Thanks for the suggestions.

mystvearn, Jun 9, 2023
  4. KeithM Win User

OneDrive is subfolder of Desktop in the Registry.

You don't specify the key you found that entry under, but I'm guessing it's:
    • HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Then you say:
    • " I have found the GUID of OneDrive is a different hex number."
    But you don't tell us how you "found" this or the value of the GUID, but I'm guessing it's:
    • {018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

Both are related to OneDrive. {A52BBA46-E9E1-435f-B3D9-28DAA648C0F6} is the KnownFolderID of the OneDrive folder. The ID/Path value is only found under HKCU\...\UserShellFolders if the file sytem location of the OneDrive folder has been changed from its default of %UserProfile%\OneDrive, which can only be done on setup or when re-linking your PC after un-linking.

{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} is the CLSID of the virtual folder that is inserted into the Virtual Desktop namespace via:
    • HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

This is what allows OneDrive to appear in the Navigation Pane and on the Desktop. That is why it's the GUID you find most frequently in internet searches --- people frequently want to remove it from the Navigation Pane.

Before I make any suggestions, would like more info:
    1. In the Explreor Address bar or a Run dialog, type shell:OneDriveEnter. Does a folder open, eror occur, or nothing happen?
    2. Does the folder D:\Desktop\OneDrvie exist? Amy content?
    3. Does the %UserProfile%\OneDrive folder still exist? Any content?
    4. If you access OneDrive online via your MS account, and it contains folders/files, can you locate the corresponding items anywhere on your PC?

The one thing you might try is deleting the {A52BBA46-E9E1-435f-B3D9-28DAA648C0F6} value under HKCU\...\UserShellFolders, creating (if it doesn't exist) a folder named OneDrive in your user profile folder (the default location), restarting your PC, and then seeing if your can start OneDrive.

KeithM, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem? - Similar Threads - UsersLenovoOneDriveDesktop accessible sholve

2. C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem?: i cant click the windows they doesnt work if i click. also the taskbar is doesnt work if i click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cuserslenovoonedrivedesktop-is-not-accessible-how/e759fe3c-4d66-44ce-b8ea-9f8065affabe
  3. C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Users\Lenovo\OneDrive\Desktop is not accessible. How to sholve the problem?: i cant click the windows they doesnt work if i click. also the taskbar is doesnt work if i click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cuserslenovoonedrivedesktop-is-not-accessible-how/e759fe3c-4d66-44ce-b8ea-9f8065affabe
  4. How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied: So I've been trying to fix "C:\ is not accessible Access is denied" problem and I've spent two days to follow the instructions from Google,etc and still didn't work. Please help me I'm really stressed out because of this . Even when I'm trying to share it it says "An error...
  5. How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied: So I've been trying to fix "C:\ is not accessible Access is denied" problem and I've spent two days to follow the instructions from Google,etc and still didn't work. Please help me I'm really stressed out because of this . Even when I'm trying to share it it says "An error...
  6. How to fix C:\ Is not accessible Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. C:\ is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\ is not accessible: This happened after I restricted a user in group guest from accessing the C and D drives. It somehow restricted the whole users from accessing the contents in the C and D drives including apps that needs to fetch data from there.My PC right now is almost useless as I cannot...
  8. C:\ is not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C:\ is not accessible: can anyone help me. i cannot access C:\ drive and my account is not allow is always deny. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-is-not-accessible/52b9a450-1cf7-4fc0-a6b8-65b6c79b060a
  9. Access to c$

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to c$: Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected the same LAN. One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With Windows 8 & 10, that does not seem to be an option. In short, if I am at home with multiple computers connected to a LAN (or WIFI),...
  10. Access to c$

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to c$: Ages ago, one could remotely access any computer connected the same LAN. One could simply go to Start \ Run, and enter \\computername\c$. With Windows 8 & 10, that does not seem to be an option. In short, if I am at home with multiple computers connected to a LAN (or WIFI),...