Windows 10: C:\Users\locoloco54\Downloads\DriverRestore.exe wont delete

Discus and support C:\Users\locoloco54\Downloads\DriverRestore.exe wont delete in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi I have run windows virus defender and found driver restore was a virus, now every time I rescanned the computer its shows as active, I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by orlando62, Jun 26, 2020.

1. orlando62 Win User

C:\Users\locoloco54\Downloads\DriverRestore.exe wont delete

hi I have run windows virus defender and found driver restore was a virus, now every time I rescanned the computer its shows as active, I have downloaded several malwares programs and and also hitman pro program , nothings worked can anyone help me, thanks in advance

:)

orlando62, Jun 26, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Deleting a user account leaves traces of that user behind in C:\users

1. Enable the built in Administrator account (Win+R->lusrmgr.msc)

C:\Users\locoloco54\Downloads\DriverRestore.exe wont delete [​IMG]
    2. Reboot and log in as Administrator
    3. Delete the folder under C:\users

topgundcp, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Delete or rename main user in c drive

Hi Alori,

A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user account. It is stored in the user's C:\Users\<user name> profile folder, and contains the account's settings for desktop backgrounds, screen
    savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you sign in to Windows. However, if you want to delete the user profile, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user profile. You'll need to make sure that the user account you want to delete the profile of is signed out before continuing.
    • Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe, and click/tap on OK to open Advanced System Properties.
    • Click/tap on the Settings button under User Profiles.
    • Select the profile of the user account, and click/tap on Delete.
    • Click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    • The profile of the user account (ex: "Example") will now be deleted. A new profile for the user's account will automatically be created the next time that user signs in.
    • You can now close the User Profiles and System Properties windows if you like.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 26, 2020
  4. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. C:\Users\locoloco54\Downloads\DriverRestore.exe wont delete - Similar Threads - Userslocoloco54DownloadsDriverRestore exe wont

2. Exe files wont open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Exe files wont open: When I download new exe files such as discord installer and run it, it won't do anything; it will not load at all. I tried it with a different installer when I tried to download Anaconda and vs code which would download since the installer won't open; I was going to try on a...
  3. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files wont open: When I download new exe files such as discord installer and run it, it won't do anything; it will not load at all. I tried it with a different installer when I tried to download Anaconda and vs code which would download since the installer won't open; I was going to try on a...
  4. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Exe files wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Not able to register a C++ exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  7. .exe file deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .exe file deletion: Hello I've been having troubles with .exe files I try to permantley delete the folder and it'll remove everything except the .exe file if I delete the .exe file with a shift+del it'll dissapear then repair once I refresh the folder it's in. If I use the normal delete method...
  8. Exe files Wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe files Wont open: I am stuck in SAFE MODE because no exe file will open!! I cant access Regedit, Msconfig, Cmd or Powershell any EXE file so I cant even change to different account to get out of safe mode. Everytime I click on exe file the store app pops up and I have tried reset on that app...
  9. EXE files wont start

EXE files wont start: Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing...
  10. .exe file wont run

.exe file wont run: So I'm trying to open a .exe file but all it does is show the blue loading circle and it doesn't do anything. The file wont open and when I try to download the file again it wont open. I'm currently running a windows 10. Can anyone help? 61193