Windows 10: C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Standaloneupdate

Discus and support C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Standaloneupdate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I posted on this before and thought I'd just let it go, but one response suggested that I use a phone to take a video of the startup to see if I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Homer712, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Homer712 Win User

C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Standaloneupdate

I posted on this before and thought I'd just let it go, but one response suggested that I use a phone to take a video of the startup to see if I could capture what the "one split second on the screen cmd window" actually said. Sounded like a plan so I did.

For the first time that I remember I recently had (during the startup process) a cmd prompt window flash on the desktop. What it actually states is "Could not find file: C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Standaloneupdate." There may have been more that was off the screen, but that's all that was readable.

In that location there is a folder "Standaloneupdater" and a file "OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe":

C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Standaloneupdate [​IMG]

And in that folder I have this:

C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Standaloneupdate [​IMG]

OneDrive is active, I don't use it, but it's there, I never deleted it or uninstalled it. Is there possibly a Task Scheduler item that updates OneDrive that is looking for a file that should be there but isn't? If so, any way to correct this issue.

Overall, everything I have on the laptop (Windows 10, 1909) seems to be running perfectly, just trying to figure out what is going on. Thanks!

:)

Homer712, Aug 5, 2020
  2. finnjim Win User

what is C:\users\acer\appdata\local\microsoft\onedrive\onedrive.exe

C:\users\acer\appdata\local\microsoft\onedrive\onedrive.exe and do I need it for onedrive to work? My firewall has blocked it and I don't know whether to allow it through or not.

finnjim, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Strigex Win User
    C:\Users\John\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\18.091.0506.0006\OneDriveSetup.exe

I keep getting this error when i try playing certain games on steam

Playerunknowns battlegrounds specifically:

C:\Users\John\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\18.091.0506.0006\OneDriveSetup.exe

Class not registered

Strigex, Aug 5, 2020
  4. garyb0125 Win User

OneDrive Delete Confirmation Message

Don't know if this will solve your problem, but suggest you uninstall OneDrive, then delete the OneDrive folder in C:\Users\User-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft, and then reinstall OneDrive.

garyb0125, Aug 5, 2020
Thema: