Windows 10: c:\users\myname\allmyfiles\subfiles\whatever.

Discus and support c:\users\myname\allmyfiles\subfiles\whatever. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I replace "my name" with another name without destroying all folders and files that show after "my name" as they do now? Thanks myname... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by microsofterUSA, Jun 18, 2020.

1. c:\users\myname\allmyfiles\subfiles\whatever.

How do I replace "my name" with another name without destroying all folders and files that show after "my name" as they do now?

Thanks

myname

:)

microsofterUSA, Jun 18, 2020

2. By default, File History doesn't back up C:\Users\myname\AppsData\?

I just did my first backup with File History and then looked on my external hard drive to see it. I noticed that the C:\Users\myname\AppsData\ folder was not backed up which surprised me. I went back into the app and noticed that that folder is
    not included in the default list of backed-up folders.

I know I can add it to the list, and I will, but it's such an important folder as it contains emails, our various app data, etc. Why would this not be included in the default list?

Rick7072RD, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Eric-Kell Win User
    Duplicate User folder.

I moved my default Pictures, Documents, Music folders to a new Data partition (D).

My Users/myName folder remained on the C partition.

Everything was fine for 2 years.

For some reason this myName folder is now duplicated on the D partition (D\myName)

I have now a default documents folder in

• D\Documents
    • D\myName\Documents
    • Onedrive\Documents
    • C\Users\myName\Documents
    The same with the other system folders.

I can not change the location of the folders in the 2 duplicate user folders.

Rightclicking in properties, there is no location option.

Only the folders in OneDrive and the D partition have this option.

Any ideas?

Eric-Kell, Jun 19, 2020
  4. HankLask Win User

c:\users\myname\allmyfiles\subfiles\whatever.

Repairing C:\Users

Windows 10

I have four or five folders in C:\Users\MyName

that continually are making multiple copies of files within those folders. As much as 4000 in one folder.

I copied the same folders to my desktop and deleted all copied files from those folders and now they do not have the copies in the folders on my desktop. Yet, the same folders in the Users folder continue to make copies after I totally delete them.

Is there a way to repair the Users Folder in C:\ or do you have any suggestion to help stop continuous copies of those files?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

HankLask, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

c:\users\myname\allmyfiles\subfiles\whatever.