Windows 10: C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix?

Discus and support C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm working on a network computer. Our IT guy is a volunteer. He set things so that I can see all the email sent to my predecessors in my position,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimVoss1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. TimVoss1 Win User

C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix?

I'm working on a network computer. Our IT guy is a volunteer. He set things so that I can see all the email sent to my predecessors in my position, which is helpful. However, he's made some changes recently with some upgrades so we can work remotely, which require that I set up OneDrive it's not been enabled since I started 6 months ago.

The first step in setting up OneDrive is telling me where my OneDrive folder is stored:

"C:\Users\jane\OneDrive - [our org name]"

jane is the name of the person who held my position 3 persons ago i.e., two people held Jane's position after her/before me. There were others before Jane as well.

He's not sure why that is.

a Can I change it or can only he, as the administrator, and how?

b Will changing it result in my losing access to files stored on the C\drive that are currently "owned" by "jane"?

:)

TimVoss1, Mar 24, 2020
  2. IMD9595 Win User

Change the user name in Windows 10

In Windows 10, if you hit the winkey +x, or just right click on the windows icon....your steps cannot be followed as there is NO control panel listed. I desperately need to change a user name, but no control panel. And mine
    is local.

IMD9595, Mar 24, 2020
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Mar 24, 2020
  4. C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix?

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix?

1. C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix? - Similar Threads - Users name mine

2. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  3. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  4. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I change the C:\\Users\ name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the C:\\Users\ name?: I'm using a Microsoft account to log in and have tried at least 2 methods to change the C:\\Users\ path name. None of them worked. One of the methods involved creating a new local account, signing out of the Microsoft one, and renaming the folder in This PC > Users, but...
  6. C user false name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C user false name: Hello I have a problem. My friends C drive is called ₽ (russian currency symbol) for some reason, so some of the games or programms do not recognize it and they give out an error as they wont find path to it. We have tried to change it but nothing works. I was wondering if...
  7. How can I rename a user in C:\users\[name] ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I rename a user in C:\users\[name] ?: I recently got a new PC built, got Windows 10 installed, and booted up my computer, but I noticed my user folder wasn't named like it normally is. Usually the folder is named as my first name, but this time, it was named zoatc. I thought I could just get away with right-click...
  8. Name in C:\Users folder is lowercase. Can I change this?

Name in C:\Users folder is lowercase. Can I change this?: I just activated Windows 10 Home using my Microsoft account, and I noticed my user folder on the computer is lowercase. So, if my real name is Benny, and my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Windows automatically creates the folder C:\Users\benny. I...
  9. Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I change (fix) the C:\Users directory?: Somehow when I reinstalled Windows 10 it created C:\Users\steph\...... instead of C:\Users\Stephanie\...... Is there any way to fix this without having to re-reinstall Windows 10? Thank you. 62408
  10. User name not shown in C:\Users

User name not shown in C:\Users: Since updating from Win 7 to Window 10 - I have 'lost' the appropriate user name in C:\users. Therefore when trying to set 2 other computers to recognise this particular laptop is not possible. My account is Local, and the network is private. A visit to C:\users shows the...