Windows 10: C:\Users\xxx\Documents

Discus and support C:\Users\xxx\Documents in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There's one question I always wonder. We all know drive C is for system and software program files Why does Windows set default "Documents" folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianChen1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. C:\Users\xxx\Documents

There's one question I always wonder.

We all know drive C is for system and software program files
    Why does Windows set default "Documents" folder (Pictures, Music, Download...) path in drive C?
    And users have to move them to other drive after installing new windows or never use those folder

You MS engineers should know how much drive space those files will use.

why????

:)

AdrianChen1, Jan 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 incorrect username in C:\Users\xxx

Hello Krithika,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to change the User Account folder name. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

I would suggest you to enable the Built in Administrator Account and then make appropriate changes to the folder name of the user account you intend to. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box
    • Enter cmd and right-click on the Command Prompt result that should appear.
    • This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes
    • Now login to the Built in Administrator account which you have enabled.
    • Open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Users, open the Users folder, right click on the user profile folder (ex: Old Name) that you want to change the name of, and click on Rename.
    Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 incorrect username in C:\Users\xxx

Nope - does not work. I get an error message telling my that the folder is open or in use by another program.

Ron McLendon, Jan 21, 2019
  4. C:\Users\xxx\Documents

Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents"

Exactly, and I did use mklink as you suggested. The links now work in my documents without haveing to edit them. So far, no downside.
    -- Thanks for the help.

This is what I used:

Code:
    Code:
    C:\>mklink /J C:\Users\Dave\Documents D:\doher\Documents Junction created for C:\Users\Dave\Documents <<===>> D:\doher\Documents

nhbeachguy, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

C:\Users\xxx\Documents

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C.\.users.XXX.DOCUMENT