Windows 10: C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?

Discus and support C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do you get these files? where/how do you send them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanSchriver470, Nov 3, 2020.

1. C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?

how do you get these files?

where/how do you send them?

:)

AlanSchriver470, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Different install.esd in C:\RecoveryImage and C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources

When upgrading, Windows 10 creates the folder C:\Recoveryimage to store the files to revert the upgrade if needed, meaning it contains the install.esd file from your previous build. The folder C:\$Windows.~BT stores the install files for the new, upgraded build, its install.esd being the one for the new, upgraded build.

An example:

• Build 10041 installed clean and upgraded to build 10049
      • ESD file in C:\Recoveryimage is build 10041
      • ESD file in C:\$Windows.~BT is build 10049
    • The same machine further upgraded to build 10074
      • ESD file in C:\Recoveryimage is build 10049
      • ESD file in C:\$Windows.~BT is build 10074
    • The same machine further upgraded to build 10130, skipping one build (10122)
      • ESD file in C:\Recoveryimage is build 10074
      • ESD file in C:\$Windows.~BT is build 10130

Kari, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?

C:\$windows.~bt\sources HAS NO ESD FILE

If you already rebooted and upgraded it is of course gone:
    From this tutorial: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

1. 2.) When a new build is available, let Windows Update download it. When Windows Update has prepared the upgrade, you will be told a restart has been scheduled. At this point you can find the install.esd file which contains everything needed to make an ISO image in a hidden folder C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources.
    It needs to be copied before the restart. go to the tutorial and post any questions you need answered.

Cliff S, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in?

1. C:\$Window.~BT\ files to send in? - Similar Threads - $Window ~BT files

2. Delete Windows BT file

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows BT file: Hi so I'm thinking of this weekend finally updating my windows version from 1809, but I have an issue I have about 20 GB's of space taken from a previous failed installed 1903 update back in September and I'd like to get rid of it. Disk Cleanup won't show the file and I...
  3. infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    infrared enabled and sending files to unrecognized C drive: I was recently hacked and ended up buying a new computer. Let's just say I suspect it was done by from nearby. Now I have a new HP Laptop that doesn't even have an infrared port (that I can see), although it does have Bluetooth. Anyway, in the control panel it shows an...
  4. How to trigger the install of C:\$Windows.~bt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to trigger the install of C:\$Windows.~bt: Since v1809 had a bad reputation, to test whether the v1809 update was viable, I made clones of my v1803 system, then on a clone ran the SetUp.exe for v1809-on-the-USB-stick, because I was told that an upgrade can not be done by booting from the USB. The first clone failed to...
  5. Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory

Delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory: Hi In Windows 10, how do I delete the C:\$Windows.~BT and C:\Windows.old directory? Thanks Bye 22003
  6. Different install.esd in C:\RecoveryImage and C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources

Different install.esd in C:\RecoveryImage and C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources: So, i have installed Windows 10 technical preview a while back using the media that I created from the 10041 build. Yesterday, via Fast Ring updates, I got the 10130 release installed. I was going to take the install.esd and make an installable ISO from it. I was surprised...
  7. C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources doesn't exist? Confused

in Windows 10 Support
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources doesn't exist? Confused: I wanted to make an ISO file from the ESD just in case I have an issue. I am running build 14267. I copied and pasted the C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources into task and it said folder couldn't be found. I then went under C and checked "show hidden items" under view and no luck either....
  8. C:\$windows.~BT

C:\$windows.~BT: On one of my windows 7 pro machines I have found this folder (C:\$windows.~BT) which is 4.3gb in size and has a setup.exe file (look like windows install disk). It has downloaded onto this PC with out me doing anything, dated 2nd August 2015. I have already upgraded 2...
  9. C:\$windows.~bt\sources HAS NO ESD FILE

C:\$windows.~bt\sources HAS NO ESD FILE: Since 14901, now on 14926, no such file. Drive space low enough system sometimes complains; perhaps in such case upgrade proceeds without local esd file (HOW that could be is a mystery but it's all i can think of) Microsoft Answers doesn't know. Any idea where ESD...
  10. No ESD files showing in C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources Anything I can do?

in Windows 10 Support
    No ESD files showing in C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources Anything I can do?: Trying to create an ISO from an ESD using the ESD to ISO tool so I can fix my DISM/Restorehealth issue with the build. Only issue I am having is there are no images in that folder and I can't go back to previous build either*Sad 39870