Windows 10: C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :)

Discus and support C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On auditing my disk space lately I realize the folder C:\Windows\Installer has 57 GBs of MSI "patches" as their descriptions say from Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 22, 2020.

1. C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :)

On auditing my disk space lately I realize the folder C:\Windows\Installer has 57 GBs of MSI "patches" as their descriptions say from Microsoft Windows and Office , the rest are in the form of tmp files . Do I need all these setups sitting there ? *sarc

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :) ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 22, 2020
  3. C windows installer folder - Delete?

Is it C:\Windows\Installer or C:\Windows Installer

??

Athlon2K15, Mar 22, 2020
  4. C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :)

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :)

1. C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :) - Similar Threads - WindowsInstaller GBs safe

2. Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I delete a folder on C drive safely?: Recently I wanted to clear storage on my c drive so I uninstalled some architecture related software like revit and AutoCad as I no longer needed them. After the installation some storage had freed up but not as much as a thought it would. I opened the C drive and found a 22...
  3. Is it safe to delete C++ Redistributables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete C++ Redistributables?: I'm strapped for storage space on my laptop - around 30 GB are built in, but 20 of those go to System Files and otherwise Reserved Data. It seems like whenever I free up the slightest bit of space, that Reserved section gets just a little bigger.Majority of the remaining used...
  4. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  5. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  6. Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS

Is it safe to delete folders inside C:\DRIVERS: Recently, I updated my apps and found that around 2GB of space is occupied due to this update in C:\DRIVERS folder. All of the folders inside DRIVERS contains setup files install & uninstall. Their names are : AMD_Chipset_APU, ASUS System Control Interface V2,...
  7. Missing GBs

Missing GBs: Hi, I seem to be using more GBs than I thought. When I investigated I found that the properties for my profile folder says 93.5 GB but when I go into the folder and add up the disc usage of all the sub folders it only comes to 35 GB. Why aren't these two numbers equal and...
  8. 3 or so GBs - delete some 10 GBs from computer - left with between 2 and 3 GBs????

3 or so GBs - delete some 10 GBs from computer - left with between 2 and 3 GBs????: Hi a really difficult question and I understand those who have tried and can't but how can I take 10 GBs off my computer when I have nearly 4 GB and end up with about 3 GBs. By my calculation that means I must have been working with - memory. I was doing this to place...
  9. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  10. C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs

C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs: I was checking out my computer and i realized that my hard drive was nearly full, so i was looking through my folders until i came across the temp folder. Ive tried Disk Cleaner and deleting Software Distribution Downloads to save some space. In the temp folder there are...