Windows 10: C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

Discus and support C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed Windows 10 (64-Bit) on my Laptop. I had Windows 7. Couldn't use the upgrade function cause my CPU wasn't supported for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/importedexport, May 23, 2020.

1. C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

Hello,

I recently installed Windows 10 (64-Bit) on my Laptop. I had Windows 7. Couldn't use the upgrade function cause my CPU wasn't supported for some reason. Installed it through CD. Did a clean install cause I didn't wanna keep old files.

I read that you can downgrade to Windows 7 within 30 days cause old files are saved in C:\Windows.old. I checked this folder out and it was there. Now when I wanna access this folder again it doesn't show up cause it doesn't exist anymore. Even more my hard drive is now the same as during Windows 7. I wanted to get rid of my old files but now they are part of my current system again. The root folder of C: now contains everything it had before instead just the system stuff.

Question: What happened? I'm confused how Windows 10 works for me and this is one of the reasons. Why can't I access C:\Windows.old again? Is there a way to revert this?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/importedexport
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/importedexport, May 23, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 23, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 23, 2020
  4. C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

how to merge c drive and d drive

Right click and delete these two disk partitions.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore a431e9b9-d57b-43c9-8a87-3616fd10bae8?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, May 23, 2020
Thema:

C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

1. C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore - Similar Threads - old suddenly merged

2. Accessing current OneDrive from old computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing current OneDrive from old computer: Long story short: my wife’s organization has an ineffective IT department. Her current computer is a lost cause short of a fresh Windows install and she’s got a new one coming soon so I’ve given up on that. I pulled out her old computer which hasn’t been booted up in a year...
  3. Accessing current OneDrive from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing current OneDrive from old computer: Long story short: my wife’s organization has an ineffective IT department. Her current computer is a lost cause short of a fresh Windows install and she’s got a new one coming soon so I’ve given up on that. I pulled out her old computer which hasn’t been booted up in a year...
  4. Accessing current OneDrive from old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This isn't my old Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This isn't my old Windows 10: I'm 68 and have had Windows computers since 1997 and experience/semi-mastered every version since Win95.My newly bought refurbished computer with Windows 10 installed has threatened to upgrade to Windows 11 tomorrow at noon.I'm trying to set up as much as I can before that...
  6. My bluetooth isn't there anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth isn't there anymore: so yesterday my bluetooth stopped working ? it told me that i didnt have bluetooth on my computer ? i tried following tutorials and it told me to go on to services and set every bluetooth thing to automatic ! i tried this but " Bluetooth User Support Service_4422b98 " wouldnt...
  7. My bluetooth isn't there anymore

My bluetooth isn't there anymore: so yesterday my bluetooth stopped working ? it told me that i didnt have bluetooth on my computer ? i tried following tutorials and it told me to go on to services and set every bluetooth thing to automatic ! i tried this but " Bluetooth User Support Service_4422b98 " wouldnt...
  8. Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive: I shrank 6.86 GB from my D drive and tried to extend my C Drive with it, but the extend storage option on my C drive is not working or blurred out. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running on Windows 11 Home Single Language.Thanks!...
  9. Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive

Not able to merge unallocated space to C system Drive: I shrank 6.86 GB from my D drive and tried to extend my C Drive with it, but the extend storage option on my C drive is not working or blurred out. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm running on Windows 11 Home Single Language.Thanks!...
  10. System 32 suddenly in my quick access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System 32 suddenly in my quick access: I never clicked on system 32 but now it’s in my quick access??? The last date that’s been modified was two days ago and I think I updated my windows. Is this normal??? I see it on bottom of the list btw submitted by /u/tunacan55 [link] [comments]...