Windows 10: C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

Discus and support C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed Windows 10 (64-Bit) on my Laptop. I had Windows 7. Couldn't use the upgrade function cause my CPU wasn't supported for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/importedexport, May 23, 2020 at 5:32 AM.

1. C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

Hello,

I recently installed Windows 10 (64-Bit) on my Laptop. I had Windows 7. Couldn't use the upgrade function cause my CPU wasn't supported for some reason. Installed it through CD. Did a clean install cause I didn't wanna keep old files.

I read that you can downgrade to Windows 7 within 30 days cause old files are saved in C:\Windows.old. I checked this folder out and it was there. Now when I wanna access this folder again it doesn't show up cause it doesn't exist anymore. Even more my hard drive is now the same as during Windows 7. I wanted to get rid of my old files but now they are part of my current system again. The root folder of C: now contains everything it had before instead just the system stuff.

Question: What happened? I'm confused how Windows 10 works for me and this is one of the reasons. Why can't I access C:\Windows.old again? Is there a way to revert this?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/importedexport
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/importedexport, May 23, 2020 at 5:32 AM

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 23, 2020 at 5:33 AM
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 23, 2020 at 5:33 AM
  4. C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

how to merge c drive and d drive

Right click and delete these two disk partitions.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore a431e9b9-d57b-43c9-8a87-3616fd10bae8?upload=true.png

Andre for Directly, May 23, 2020 at 5:33 AM
Thema:

C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore

1. C:\Windows.old suddenly merged with my current system and isn't accessible anymore - Similar Threads - old suddenly merged

2. Help! My taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore.: [ATTACH] I'm not sure if it's just my laptop but my taskbar search isn't searching the web anymore. It only searches through my local files and programs. I've tried researching the problem on the internet but nothing came up besides indexing (which I've tried). Not being...
  3. How come my taskvolume icon isn't working anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How come my taskvolume icon isn't working anymore?: How come my taskbar volume icon isn't working anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-my-taskvolume-icon-isnt-working-anymore/7f856ea3-480b-48ea-bc99-fd9c3f9524ac
  4. My Laptop's Inbuilt Camera Isn't Recognised By My Computer Anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Laptop's Inbuilt Camera Isn't Recognised By My Computer Anymore: My Dell Latitude 3350's inbuilt camera isn't recognised by the Windows 10 Camera App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-inbuilt-camera-isnt-recognised-by-my/00ca165a-7768-4d9e-b34f-f81930b91d5b
  5. About C:\Windows Old

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About C:\Windows Old: This is not about C:\Windows.old But if i try to delete or rename or use Disk Cleanup to remove the folder, it makes Windows Explorer crash and then I have to hard shutdown my PC in order to turn it off, how would I remove this 7.50 GB~ file?...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly compresses my C drive

Windows 10 suddenly compresses my C drive: Hello, Yesterday, out of nowhere, after some updates, Windows 10 decided to compress my C drive. I didn't authorize it so why did that function activated. Also, in disk clean up, I have something that says "compress your OS drive". I want to turn this off and have...
  7. Unable to merge or expand my system drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to merge or expand my system drive: Hello, On my laptop I have a 1 TB HDD and on that drive the usable space was formatted into 2 separate partitions. This doesn't work well for me and I would prefer to have just one partition with all of the usable space. So I've tried everything I can think of and for some...
  8. I can't access my homegroup anymore

I can't access my homegroup anymore: When I try to use my homegroup, I get a message "Enter network credentials." I never needed this before and don't know what the credentials are. The system doesn't provide a way to retrieve my user name and password. How can I do this? Thanks. 33066
  9. Windows system not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system not recognized anymore: Hello, here's the situation : I have two hard drives : C and H. The C drive used to be my main drive containing the system. One year ago, I installed Windows on my second H drive and placed all the contents of the C drive in the trash and cleared it (some could not be...
  10. System Partition & C Drive (Merged vs separate). Need Suggestion.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Partition & C Drive (Merged vs separate). Need Suggestion.: Windows by default make system partition separately. but now i'm using winntsetup to install os which gives me option to put c and system partition together. i want to know if i merge both partition in one then will it create any problem in future with any windows function?...