Windows 10: C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself

Discus and support C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My understanding is that this folder/directory/program is installed when: "...that folder is created by Windows Update, when you upgrade Windows 10 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Oct 26, 2018.

1. phaedruspress Win User

C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself

My understanding is that this folder/directory/program is installed when: "...that folder is created by Windows Update, when you upgrade Windows 10 or get a major update."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-3fab599a5282

I have windows update virtually crippled. I am still on 1709 win 10 pro and I have not installed any KB updates in quite some time. I have run Disk Cleanup for files and then for system files and each time it nukes Panther but the next day it comes back. I am not entirely sure what "Panther" does but if it has anything to do with facilitating Windows update I want it banished for good. What do you all make of C:\Windows\Panther? Thanks.

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 26, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 26, 2018
  4. k8_jackson Win User

Panther directory in Windows 10

I have a fairly new computer, built last year, with Windows 10. I noticed my anti virus during a scan listing "C:\windows.old\WINDOWS\Panther\windlp.state.xml - unable to open" , among other Panther files that end with "unable to open". Can these be safely
    deleted?

k8_jackson, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

1. C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself - Similar Threads - WindowsPanther Keeps Installing

2. Audio keeps lowering itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio keeps lowering itself: My audio works for like 30 seconds to a miniute and then lowers itself, making everything sound like its underwater. The only thing that fixes it is replugging in my headphones only for the issue happen again. I have no idea how to fix it and its driving me insane! I already...
  3. My Computer Keeps Shutting Down by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Keeps Shutting Down by itself: How can I fix this problem.Is there anyone who can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-computer-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself/bfef363a-92f0-4c54-9265-6933ec3ce59a
  4. W10 keeps installing by itself another language - Czech (QWERTZ)

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 keeps installing by itself another language - Czech (QWERTZ): Hi, I use two keyboards languages - English and Czech (QWERTY). Windows 10 at least once per day installs third language Czech (QWERTZ). How can I stop this? I live in Czech Republic so my computer region is obviously set to Czech Rep., is that cousing this problem?...
  5. Accent color keeps changing by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent color keeps changing by itself: I am experiencing a very strange issue with my color, ever since the November update it keeps changing on its own. It happens after every reboot, and after about 24 hours of being on, the color changes to this ugly pumpkin orange. At first I thought they just changed it when...
  6. Windows 10 update keeps repeating itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update keeps repeating itself: Hi Two days ago my computer installed a major update. This repeated itself the next two mornings. It's inconvenient because it takes quite a while. I'd like to know how to disable it from updating itself repeatedly. Thanks 65919
  7. Intel Modem keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Modem keeps reinstalling itself: Hi, I am not sure if the should have gone in the Drivers/Hardware section or not, so I posted to the general section. Also, this isn't really a problem confined to Windows 10, it occured with Windows 7 as well. But here goes. I have an ASUS PQ5Pro motherboard with an...
  8. Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Hide on Taskbar keeps turning itself on...: I do not want to hide my task bar. All I can find are issues about it not hiding. I go into the task bar properties and turn off Auto Hide, but after a while it is back on again. Any suggestions? 56085
  9. Explorer keeps restarting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps restarting itself: When I open certain folders, Windows Explorer just restarts itself. There is no "explorer has stopped working" message and the screen doesn't fade as if it's hanging. Sometimes, it just closes the explorer window instantly when opening a folder and reloads the taskbar,...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get to C:\Windows\Panther