Windows 10: C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself

Discus and support C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My understanding is that this folder/directory/program is installed when: "...that folder is created by Windows Update, when you upgrade Windows 10 or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Oct 26, 2018.

1. C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself

My understanding is that this folder/directory/program is installed when: "...that folder is created by Windows Update, when you upgrade Windows 10 or get a major update."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-3fab599a5282

I have windows update virtually crippled. I am still on 1709 win 10 pro and I have not installed any KB updates in quite some time. I have run Disk Cleanup for files and then for system files and each time it nukes Panther but the next day it comes back. I am not entirely sure what "Panther" does but if it has anything to do with facilitating Windows update I want it banished for good. What do you all make of C:\Windows\Panther? Thanks.

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 26, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 26, 2018
  4. C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself

Panther directory in Windows 10

I have a fairly new computer, built last year, with Windows 10. I noticed my anti virus during a scan listing "C:\windows.old\WINDOWS\Panther\windlp.state.xml - unable to open" , among other Panther files that end with "unable to open". Can these be safely
    deleted?

k8_jackson, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself

1. C:\Windows\Panther Keeps Installing Itself - Similar Threads - WindowsPanther Keeps Installing

2. Roblox keeps installing itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox keeps installing itself: hi, i am pretty unsure if its window related , but roblox application available from microsoft appstore keeps installing itself no matter how many times i uninstall it. i use the roblox player , and i uninstall Roblox app on sight, but it keeps reinstalling itself. please...
  3. Roblox keeps installing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox keeps installing itself: hi, i am pretty unsure if its window related , but roblox application available from microsoft appstore keeps installing itself no matter how many times i uninstall it. i use the roblox player , and i uninstall Roblox app on sight, but it keeps reinstalling itself. please...
  4. c drive keeps filling itself up after trying many suggestions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive keeps filling itself up after trying many suggestions: We have tried removing files and moving files, unhiding files and using disk cleanup and everything we can find short of formatting the drive. The c drive has 465 GB and when we select "all files" it reads only 135GB used, however when we open properties on the c drive it...
  5. My apps keep installing to C: Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My apps keep installing to C: Drive: When I try to download a game or app is downloads onto the C: drive. I changed the where new content is saved to D: drive but still It doesn't work. Please help....
  6. Software keeps installing itself even after uninstalling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Software keeps installing itself even after uninstalling: Hello. I have an Windows 10 PC with some games. Recently I my disk usage was suspiciously high. I opened task manager to see if there's anything and I actually found the root cause. It was a software named "Janma" with a mario image as its icon and that was open for like 5...
  7. This file that installs an extension keeps reinstalling itself and the extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This file that installs an extension keeps reinstalling itself and the extension: the file is at C:\ProgramData\Oexsnj\Ligfxc\DAE36356 and that is from where it download this extension called "uPrivateFast" and there was a manifest.Json file and this other ryiz file so I scanned it with Malwarebytes two times and nothing showed up so I tried deleting it...
  8. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  9. Keep loosing internet after Edge installed itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep loosing internet after Edge installed itself.: My Windows 10 updated yesterday to install Windows Edge again (had to do a full re-installation of windows 10 from the ground up after it got corrupted on my laptop a few days after the update not sure if it's related but I also had similar internet issues after it updated...
  10. Microsoft Office keeps on installing itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office keeps on installing itself?: I have no idea why this is happening and I can't find anything on it. I'm having an issue where Microsoft Office just randomly installs and launches itself on my PC, and advertises Office 365. Has anyone had this issue? Looking through the reviews for the app on the Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. C:\windows\panther

2. panther folder keeps popping up

3. how to get to C:\Windows\Panther