Windows 10: C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable

Discus and support C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi As I logged off last night i was notified of a Windows update. I logged back on this morning and the system has tried to log me on as a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShayneFranklin, Aug 13, 2020.

1. C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable

Hi

As I logged off last night i was notified of a Windows update.

I logged back on this morning and the system has tried to log me on as a different user. I restarted the pc and the screen flashed with Hi, pc is completing updates, don’t turn off your pc.

After 6 hours of screen flashing the same message, i tried to restart.

now that i’ve restart, the pc logs in and brings up an error. C:/windows/system/config/desktop is unavailable.

This appears ona black screen and flashes. No other buttons can be pressed.

Can you please assist?

Shayne

:)

ShayneFranklin, Aug 13, 2020

2. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 10

Hello Vik,

This C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can follow these simple steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile and check if it has the
      Desktop folder there.
    • If the Desktop folder does not exist, then create a new folder and rename it as
      Desktop or copy it from C:\users\Default\Desktop.

Note: By default, C:\Users\Default is hidden. To unhide click on the View tab and check the
    Hidden Items box.

After you have created the folder, it is required that you give full permission to the folder. You can follow these steps to give full permission:

• Right click on the folder, select Properties then click on the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit.
    • On the Permissions for Desktop window, select Everyone and then click on
      Add.
    • In the Enter the object names to select dialog box, type
      Everyone
      and click on Check Names.
    • Click OK.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Aug 13, 2020
  3. C:\\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable error, cannot login

C:\\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable error, cannot login

Carroll Wherry, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Joyce96 Win User

C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable

C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.

Hi all,

I updated to the new Windows 10 update and then I saw my desktop was black with only the recycle bin icon.

I have been getting this error message:

C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the
    network or the internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted.

I have read various tips and I have already tried adding the Desktop folder to
    C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\

however, when I restarted my laptop after this, the screen was still black with the recycle bin icon and I got this message:

C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied.

Is anyone able to help from here?

Kind regards.

UPDATE:

The screen came back and I got this message:

sihost.exe unknown hard error

As soon as I clicked "Ok" the screen went completely black and I can only see my cursor.

Joyce96, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable

1. C:/windows/system32/config/desktop is unavailable - Similar Threads - system32 config desktop

2. windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable: windows\\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable How do i correct this error. How do i access the files on the computer. using key strokes. dropdowns are not available...
  3. C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable: Hi, I turned on my computer today and received this error. I have lost my desktop configurations and all other saved configs for the various software that I use. Would appreciate some assistance. Thanks in advance....
  4. C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.: My brother did a factoy reset on his computer tryng to do something, and then while we try to open up the PC thee was a message on the screen saying the message in the title, I'd try to search up solutions for the problem, I've tried making a Desktop folder for it, but when...
  5. error: c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    error: c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable: I have Win v.1909 bld 18363.836 and I've been working from home on my own laptop. The company had us install Citrix at home so that we could login to our computers at work and work on them. It is required because we use enterprise software that is not portable. I created a...
  6. C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable.: Hi all, One day I started my laptop up and I saw my desktop was black with only the recycle bin icon. I have been getting this error message: C:\\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is...
  7. c:\\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable

c:\\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable: I updated Windows 10 and since then I could not do anything on my laptop. Every time I reboot, it takes forever then I get the message box "c:\\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable." I tried everything; I even reset the computer to an earlier date;...
  8. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable.

C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable.: I currently have a alienware x51 r3 tunning windows 10 pro. My parents are very techsavy but they checked theyre email and chose update and shutdown since ive turned on my pc ive recieved this message. Also when i try running any safe mode option i get sihost.exe unknown...
  9. Windows system32/config ... unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows system32/config ... unavailable: desktop icons gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system32config-unavailable/286e1da5-7d33-4783-83be-85c0a548169b
  10. C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable: hi i have windows 10 and my laptop just installed a windows update and right after my screen went blank with just part of the task bar and a box came up saying C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable and had to use ctrl-alt-delete so i cud shut it...