Windows 10: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

Discus and support C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I decided I needed to clear space on my laptop and went into the uninstaller to uninstall some things. I unknowingly uninstalled some C++... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SealStealer, Jan 21, 2021.

1. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

I decided I needed to clear space on my laptop and went into the uninstaller to uninstall some things. I unknowingly uninstalled some C++ redistributable and now I received this: https://ibb.co/XLVJ7V8 error code, and have no idea how to fix it. I have reinstalled https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 I have run the corrupt file checker through command prompt. I am completely lost any help?

submitted by /u/SealStealer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SealStealer, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Neemobeer Win User

vcruntime140.dll is missing. devmgmtservice.exe system error.

vcruntime140.dll is the Visual C Runtime library. It should be located in C:\Windows\System32. I would do a search on your computer and see if it is present. If it is you may just need to re-register the library. If you open an elevated command prompt and type regsvr32 /s "C:\Windows\System32\vcruntime140.dll"​ that should re-register the library. Otherwise you may need to get the file from another computer and then register it.

Neemobeer, Jan 21, 2021
  3. C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\NSVCP140.dll contains error

So I was using an application and it worked fine, then out of the blue I get multiple errors when I open it up. It says

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\NSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f

And when I close that error it says

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status
    0xc000012f

And when I close that another error says

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status
    0xc000012f

which is the same as the last one, but the error stop there.

I Tried reinstalling both applications and nothing seems to work.

NeatPieceOfToast, Jan 21, 2021
  4. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

(0xc0000142) || (c:\\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll

Hey i need some help, normally i just google my way for the answer but have not found any with the same problem yet so i am asking here for help

i am trying to start up Far Cry 5. bought trough steam, lunches with ubisoft. running windows 10 home.

this is the errors that i come across when trying.

first box:

could not start the program properly (0xc0000142) OK to close the program ||
    secound box: and untrusted system file (c:\\windows\system32\vcruntime140.dll

here is a list of what i have tried so far to fix it.

have now done a clean install of windows. clean install for nvidia. let the game install visual c++ it needed for it self.. re downloaded the game.., checked files... have tried verifying files, trough
    steam. tried turning firewall of... tried reparing visual C++.. tried installing fresh visual C++.. checked that Kaspersky allows the program... tried running as admin... checked windows update... tryd clean boot(no background programs)..

hope some one here can help, ubisoft has not given a word since 28.03.2018.

edit* have done systemfilechecker, no errors

Morten Risnes, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Error

1. C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll Error - Similar Threads - WINDOWSSYSTEM32VCRUNTIME140 dll Error

2. DLL errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL errors: Hey I just got that laptop and for an unknown reason whenever I want to run an app or a game it keeps telling me that some DLL files are missing. I also have a problem with windows update . Can anyone help me with that...
  3. DLL error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DLL error.: 3 months ago I upgraded my pc parts motherboard, graphics card, cpu, ram and everything works fine, but when I'm trying to launch up a game it says that msvcr100.dll is missing from your pc. For a couple of days I've been trying to solve this issue by manually downloading the...
  4. Azure and C++ DLL files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure and C++ DLL files: Hello,I have a web app on Azure. It uses .NET Core 3.1. I use two C++ DLL files as dependencies in the app. The first DLL depends or uses the second DLL. When I run the project in Visual Studio locally, there is no issue. When I deploy the app to Azure, it complains only...
  5. dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dll error: [ATTACH] everytime i charge my laptop i get a run dll error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-error/5f6a709d-a5bb-47b8-8b06-fc52430a7c6e
  6. dll errors

dll errors: I turned on my computer and received several errors. C:\program files\common files\Microsoft shared\click to run\msvcp140.dll shared\click to run\vcrunt140.dll shared\click to run\apriclient.dll It was working fine yesterday and today I received these errors when I...
  7. DLL ERROR C:\Users\lsfor\cnmss

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DLL ERROR C:\Users\lsfor\cnmss: cannot find C:\Users\lsfor\cnmss problem starting this file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-error-cuserslsforcnmss/5ddce645-4921-44dd-95ef-f837eb2e01cf
  8. .DLL error [C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll]

.DLL error [C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll]: 'C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSIMG32.dll is either not designated to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020.' I...
  9. "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll": Hello- I have installed a couple of games (Rainbow Six Seige + Fortnite ) and both display "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll". as a sort of crash? Minecraft runs fine and so does everything- Dell Support Assist says my computer is fine so....? How do I access Shell32 files...
  10. Run DLL error {C:\\WINDOWS\System32\nvspcap64.dll}

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run DLL error {C:\\WINDOWS\System32\nvspcap64.dll}: Hey, Every time I boot my WIN 10 I keep getting this error message: [ATTACH] What can I do to fix this error message? Thank you...