Windows 10: C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs

Discus and support C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was checking out my computer and i realized that my hard drive was nearly full, so i was looking through my folders until i came across the temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by denniskwon, Nov 12, 2018.

1. C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs

I was checking out my computer and i realized that my hard drive was nearly full, so i was looking through my folders until i came across the temp folder. Ive tried Disk Cleaner and deleting Software Distribution Downloads to save some space. In the temp folder there are about 60000 files called AppXDeploymentServer, all around 5mbs each. Is that normal?

:)

denniskwon, Nov 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 Install Files Turned 128 GB Flash Drive into Only 32 GB!

I used the Windows 10 upgrade to place the installation files onto my 128 GB Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive.

I later just used the regular upgrade via downloading over the internet and my upgrade went fine.

I went back to my flash drive to delete the Windows 10 off of the flash drive only to discover that my 128 GB flash drive was now hosed down to only 32 GB of storage, even after formatting the drive!

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might restore the full storage of my flash drive back to 128 GB?

Thx, in advance,

Don

DonDoornbos, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 12, 2018
  4. C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs

Deleting temp files in Windows 10. Also computer slower with Windows 10.

Hello Yves,

We understand that you would like to delete your Temp files from Windows 10 system:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete the temp files in Windows 10.

• a. Press Windows + R key,

b. Type temp and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

c. Select all and delete.

d. Press Windows + R key,

e. Type %temp% and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

f. Select all and delete.

g. Press Windows + R key,

h. Type Prefetch and press Enter key. Now, you shall see the window containing temp files.

I. Select all and delete.
    Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs

1. C:/Windows/Temp file is a wopping 128 gbs - Similar Threads - Temp file wopping

2. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  3. %temp%,temp and prefeth files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    %temp%,temp and prefeth files.: My camera was working slow so i contacted the support team and they told me to type %temp% and delete all the files.Further more i was told to delete prefetch and temp files in the same way.But the slowness of camera was still there the original cause i found out yesterday...
  4. Inaccessible folder in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inaccessible folder in C:\Windows\Temp: There's a folder in C:\Windows\Temp named {B7E977B5-9799-4D8C-AEB6-4694B3C310A9} that is accessible. i like to keep temp folders clear to free up valuable, limited space on my lap top. When attempting to access this folder i get: "You don't currently have permission to...
  5. Set C to be Windows OS only, no programs, no temp files.

Set C to be Windows OS only, no programs, no temp files.: Hi! Im not sure if this was posted, but I wasnt able to find it thru google. Basically I want to use my m2 C drive ONLY for Windows OS. I dont want any user setting, any user folder documents, pictures, videos, etc. in my C drive. also want all programs to go to another...
  6. Tmp files/folders in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Support
    Tmp files/folders in C:\Windows\Temp: I was recently looking in C:\Windows\Temp and found many (hundreds) of folders in this directory. These folders each contains a file called "tmp00000000", these files are zero length. The folders in Windows\Temp are all in the form "tmp00000xxx" or "tmp0000xxxx", where...
  7. Missing GBs

Missing GBs: Hi, I seem to be using more GBs than I thought. When I investigated I found that the properties for my profile folder says 93.5 GB but when I go into the folder and add up the disc usage of all the sub folders it only comes to 35 GB. Why aren't these two numbers equal and...
  8. C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C:\Windows\Installer 60 GBs safe to delete ? :): On auditing my disk space lately I realize the folder C:\Windows\Installer has 57 GBs of MSI "patches" as their descriptions say from Microsoft Windows and Office , the rest are in the form of tmp files . Do I need all these setups sitting there ? *sarc 152725
  9. Can't delete files in c:\windows\temp

Can't delete files in c:\windows\temp: A tech from Kaspersky was able to easily remove all the files on my windows 10 computer. No problem. He told me to do this periodically. But when I went to do it, and went to c:\windows\temp, every time I tried, it wanted permission from System. I read your article, but it...
  10. Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp

Deleting tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp: Hello Should I be deleting .tmp files in C:\Windows\Temp? If so, when I try, I get a message saying I need administrator permission. As a user, I am an administrator. Even if I log on as "Administrator," I get the same message saying I need administrator approval. I...