Windows 10: c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so.

Discus and support c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My c:/Windows/Temp folder fills the 1TB disk with 900GB free space every 5-6 days. How can I find which app(s) is creating all this data so I can stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarolMartin6, Nov 5, 2019.

1. c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so.

My c:/Windows/Temp folder fills the 1TB disk with 900GB free space every 5-6 days. How can I find which app(s) is creating all this data so I can stop that application or fix the problem that cause all the log data.

:)

CarolMartin6, Nov 5, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Windows temp folder filling quickly

That's ok. The C: is suppose to match the C:. The rest is unallocated, 700GB of available space not tied to anything.

f14tomcat, Nov 5, 2019
  3. What is the difference between %TEMP% folder and the TEMP folder in C:\Windows\TEMP ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know the difference between C:\ temp and %temp%. We will assist you.

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

Software which use large amounts of data like Graphics, Video or Media editing software also create temporary files.

Temporary files are also created for back up purposes by its respective programs. These temp files are left behind even after the task is over which leads to disk space usage.

The Temporary Files in Windows are typically found located in two locations:

• %systemdrive%\Windows\Temp
    • %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
    The Temporary files created by the Windows operating system are usually stored in the %system%\Windows\Temp folderand this is where the system itself will put temporary files during installations.

The temporary files created by the User when running any software is stored in his user profile at %userprofiles%\AppData\Local\. The other folder typically located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp, is created for each User. This folder
    is hidden and you will have to first ‘un-hide’ System folders from the Folder Options.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 5, 2019
  4. rwsadd Win User

c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so.

Windows temp folder filling quickly

c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so. [​IMG]

c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so. [​IMG]

As you see in both 'this pc' and 'disk management' it quotes the 'F' drive (new 1tb) as being the same as 'C'.
    As for finding ISO I'm lost

rwsadd, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so.

1. c:/Windows/Temp folder fills with more than 8GB of data every 5 days or so. - Similar Threads - Temp folder fills

2. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  3. WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinSxS/Temp/InFlight Folder Filling Up: Hi, recently I've noticed while monitoring my SSD disk usage that the WinSxS/Temp/InFlight has filled up more than normal, the other two folders in Temp are both empty. I've already tried using the Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup and regular Disk...
  4. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  5. %temp% folder filling up fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% folder filling up fast: I have bought a new Lenovo laptop, it has come with windows 10, Lenovo vantage software and MacAfee antivirus.the %temp% folder is filling extremely fast, like 30gb of files in 2hr. I delete them every time I shut down or switch on and it still fills up.I am attaching a...
  6. BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent.: Hello, I'm getting a regular BSOD crash on my desktop. I've not managed to get to the bottom of what is causing it. If anybody would be able to shed some light on this, it would be most helpful. Here is my V2 log zip file: DESKTOP-OFQF522-(2020-11-24_18-52-39).zip Many...
  7. AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AppData Temp folder filling up 326.6GB every night, help!: Screenshot of problem - https://imgur.com/a/TOd5b7K For the last two weeks or so, every night, my appdata temp folder gets larger and larger. Overnight, a file will be created that is like 360GB (yes, GB). Its an nonsense file name like "CJAIJ23-SDFDSF-GHHVCWE-WER" just much...
  8. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!: Hello everyone, I am having a problem of C drive disk space. My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just two days ago suddenly the C drive got full. I tried to look for files of huge size and nothing exists. I cleared all temp...
  9. Windows temp folder filling quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows temp folder filling quickly: Hi everyone, please could someone advise? Since latest mega windows update a week or so ago my PC has been running out of disk space each evening, I cleared all pictures, videos and other files off C drive. Drive was a little on heavy side anyway (250gb SSD) so I've ordered a...
  10. Windows fails to start when more than 8GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows fails to start when more than 8GB RAM: I upgraded the RAM of my Laptop to 16 GB (from 8 GB) and the Windows 10 wasn't starting anymore; no blue screen ....just loading it again and again (the same with Windwos 8.1). The simple fix was to set this amount in "BOOT advanced Options". The problem now is that I...