Windows 10: CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence

Discus and support CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an in-place upgrade using a task sequence the trust cert for our LAN connection is gone and the machine can no longer connect to the network to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lou_gh, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Lou_gh Win User

CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence

After an in-place upgrade using a task sequence the trust cert for our LAN connection is gone and the machine can no longer connect to the network to get another cert from gpupdate. Tried to export cert via powsershell but its a non-exportable private key and cannot add it to the in-place upgrade task sequence.

Is there a way to copy the cert from the old profile and move it to the new profile in the task sequence via powershell?

:)

Lou_gh, Jan 9, 2020

2. Unable to import task sequence for x64 to in-place upgrade to Windows 10 by task sequence.

Original Title: Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade

I am trying Windows-10 In-Place upgrade by downloading the task sequence from the below Microsoft website and following the steps as mentioned in the site (Below is the link which I am referring to )

Perform in-place upgrade to Windows 10 via Configuration Manager - Windows Deployment

I am able to successfully import the task sequence for Windowsx86, but when I am trying to import the same task sequence for x64, it's tries replace the exiting package (TS)

• Is it possible to rename the package name in the script, if possible please let me know how to do this
    • After the windows10 migration, administrator account is disabled and not able to login to the system. What would be the solution for this ?

Vivek_7_RR, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Jamesy281 Win User
    SHA1 to SHA256 - Existing certs

Hi there,

I am working on a migration of our Win2K8 workloads and one of these is our CA. I have seen lots of great KB articles about migrating from SHA1/ CSP to SHA2556 (KSP), but what I am not sure about is what happens to existing certs such as those issues to
    domain workstations/ servers, local web servers, services, etc.

My plan is to spin up a new Win2K16 box, import the CA functions to this and upgrade to KSP but some of the questions I have around this are:

1. Will this impact these existing services, etc?
    2. Is there a way to determine all the workloads that have been issued or are using a cert from the current CA?
    3. Can I run two CAs side by side for a phased migration?

Jamesy281, Jan 9, 2020
  4. CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence

Execute a command from SCCM Task sequence step "Run a Command line"

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

That will work indeed, however I need to run it from the SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step and I am not able to figure out how to do that.

Can we change line while executing command from SCCM Task Sequence's Run Command Line Step?

Regards

sccm_learner, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence

1. CA Workstation Cert Gone After In-Place Upgrade Task Sequence - Similar Threads - Workstation Cert Gone

2. i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...: I have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server 2022 upgrade datacenter can I achieve this without extra cost....
  3. i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server...: I have a micro ca cert and i want to utilize it for an upgrade to windows 11 pro or server 2022 upgrade datacenter can I achieve this without extra cost....
  4. How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?: Hi,I am seeking any expert out there who can advise me how can I locate CA files in Windows directory instead of looking into certLM.exe [console root\certificates - Current User\Personal\Certificates], i am using third party software patch management to detect CA cert...
  5. How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?: Hi,I am seeking any expert out there who can advise me how can I locate CA files in Windows directory instead of looking into certLM.exe [console root\certificates - Current User\Personal\Certificates], i am using third party software patch management to detect CA cert...
  6. How do I locate the CA cert in windows directory instead of cert manager?

7. SCCM Task sequence

SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  8. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCCM Task sequence: When Creating an application task sequence and adding a general "Restart Computer" task, the computer wont restart automatically, I have to log into windows for the task to take effect. For debugging purposes this is an available task sequence but will be deployed as required...
  9. SCCM Task sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Placing Files in Sequence

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Placing Files in Sequence: Hello, When I open my financial folders, the files of my monthly bank statements and brokerage statements are all over the page, including the years. Will windows place these files in proper sequence if I re-name them 1-2015, 2-2015, 3-2015 and so on? Or how can I...