Windows 10: Cable Confusion

Discus and support Cable Confusion in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm totally new to GPUs, so I'm a little confused. I recently purchased an MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GD5 OC off of Ebay for a fairly decent price. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by novicegeek, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Cable Confusion

I'm totally new to GPUs, so I'm a little confused. I recently purchased an MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GD5 OC off of Ebay for a fairly decent price. I don't think I really need this thing, but for some reason I had to have a graphics card on my build (but I digress).

Okay, so there's a place for two 6-pin cables to go. I only have cables that have 8-pins on the PSU end, and a 6+2 on the other. Do I use this cable and let the other two pins dangle (or using good cable management protocol, hide them...

Read more

novicegeek, Jul 18, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 18, 2021
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cable Confusion

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Cable Confusion

1. Cable Confusion - Similar Threads - Cable Confusion

2. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  3. download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download photos from ipad to PC using a USB cable no longer working: Hello, it used to be very easy to download photos from my ipad to my PC using a USB cable to connect ipad to the PC. When I clicked on -This PC-Apple iPad- an internal storage bar came up showing how much space is used up on the iPad. I would double click on that icon. Then a...
  4. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.: Check cable connection!PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-cable-connection-pxe-mof-exiting-intel-pxe/468b45db-6eeb-4414-8358-0d4c41773054
  5. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.: Check cable connection!PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-cable-connection-pxe-mof-exiting-intel-pxe/468b45db-6eeb-4414-8358-0d4c41773054
  6. Check cable connection! PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  8. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  9. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Cable Confusion

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cable Confusion: I'm totally new to GPUs, so I'm a little confused. I recently purchased an MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GD5 OC off of Ebay for a fairly decent price. I don't think I really need this thing, but for some reason I had to have a graphics card on my build (but I digress). Okay, so...