Windows 10: Cable Confusion

Discus and support Cable Confusion in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm totally new to GPUs, so I'm a little confused. I recently purchased an MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GD5 OC off of Ebay for a fairly decent price. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by novicegeek, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Cable Confusion

I'm totally new to GPUs, so I'm a little confused. I recently purchased an MSI Geforce GTX 970 4GD5 OC off of Ebay for a fairly decent price. I don't think I really need this thing, but for some reason I had to have a graphics card on my build (but I digress).

Okay, so there's a place for two 6-pin cables to go. I only have cables that have 8-pins on the PSU end, and a 6+2 on the other. Do I use this cable and let the other two pins dangle (or using good cable management protocol, hide them...

Read more

novicegeek, Jul 18, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Jul 18, 2021
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Cable Confusion

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Cable Confusion

1. Cable Confusion - Similar Threads - Cable Confusion

2. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  3. Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter not working in windows: I have purchased this Usb To Sata Ide Cable Usb 2.0 To Sata Converter in hopes of retrieving old photos off an external hard drive and the older type hard drives BUT my windows 10 wont find it or anything, I can hear the drive running but nothing from my computer, I have...
  4. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  5. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  6. USB extension Cable for Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 keyboard

USB extension Cable for Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 keyboard: What USB extension cable do I need for Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Keyboard; using Windows 10.Keyboard comes with cable attached to plug into port in Windows 10 tower, but way too short and keeps un-plugging.Thanks for any help with this enquiry.EnnTee...
  7. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  8. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  9. Which cables needed for monitor?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which cables needed for monitor?: Hi, I have a Surface Pro 6 and need to know the cable needed to attached a Lenova monitor. Preferably the Lenova docking station. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-cables-needed-for-monitor/39646b8a-afc8-4c95-b2fe-6fa87cc12b9d
  10. Windows always show no internet, despite the Wi-Fi or Cable are connected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows always show no internet, despite the Wi-Fi or Cable are connected.: Windows always show status no internet, despite the Wi-Fi or Cable are connected. However, you are able to go all website through the internet browser....