Windows 10: cables

Discus and support cables in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so i have some questions 1. im using some pcie for more sat ports. does pcie also deliver power the the drive i would be connecting? 2. for rtx 2080... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenShankroff, Aug 18, 2020.

1. cables

so i have some questions

1. im using some pcie for more sat ports. does pcie also deliver power the the drive i would be connecting?

2. for rtx 2080 ti, what power cables do i use?

3. also for the otehr parts of a pc i forgot, what cables would they use?

i know these are just stupid questions but im just learning also that cable jazz.

:)

BenShankroff, Aug 18, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Thrackan Win User

cables

Cable Management Helpdesk

Step 1: the one cable going towards your front bays. Tuck is through the top hole shown on pic 2 and reroute it back through the side of the 5.25" bays where you need it.

Step 2: figure out which cables can be eliminated and stuff them through the top hole as well.

Step 3: in order to keep your cabling in 1 place, you could move the HDD's upwards. Reroute the power cables for it like you did with the one in step 1.

Step 4: see if you can route the 24-pin cable in straight lines: From PSU to the front, make a curve inside the 5.25" bays and straight back to the socket on the mobo.

Step 5: front panel (usb) cables. From the front panel, route them through the 5.25" bays out sideways toward the right (seen from the front) and stick them back in the small hole on the bottom. If possible, see if you can even get them through the big lower hole behind the mobo.

Step 6 is a bit personal, but I tend to refrain from tying up bunches of PSU cables. Makes it look like a big knot imho.

Step 7: post new pics to see if we can help you more *Big Grin cables :D

Thrackan, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

cables

1. cables - Similar Threads - cables

2. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  3. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  4. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in: I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, sold by ASUS.I bought a new monitor and plugged the display cable into the GPU while a my HDMI cable was plugged into another monitor and then my pc froze and BSoD ed, it gave the stop code: VIDEO TLD and one more word that I forgot.I then...
  6. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in: I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, sold by ASUS.I bought a new monitor and plugged the display cable into the GPU while a my HDMI cable was plugged into another monitor and then my pc froze and BSoD ed, it gave the stop code: VIDEO TLD and one more word that I forgot.I then...
  7. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  9. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  10. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging