Windows 10: cables

Discus and support cables in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have a gateway which has two ports for phone plugs at the top. There is a tan phone (? connector) at the top which plugs in to one of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maranna, May 31, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

cables

Hello
    I have a gateway which has two ports for phone plugs at the top. There is a tan phone (? connector) at the top which plugs in to one of these ports of the gateway and the other gateway port is empty. One phone line runs from this tan device to the wall and the other to a splitter. This splitter sends one line to the printer/ fax and the other line to a phone recorder.
    Why can't the two phone ports be used instead of this connector?
    What is this connector at the top called and what purpose does it serve?
    I would have plugged one wire to the fax/printer from one of the ports and the other to the splitter for both the wall and also the recorder, eliminating the tan device.
    Is this device in the port because the wall line has to be involved in the setup so that two separate cables cannot be used and the tan device therefore has to be used?

:)

maranna, May 31, 2018
Thema:

cables

1. cables - Similar Threads - cables

2. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  3. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.: I've been having this issue with my ethernet cable, where when i connect it, my realtek audio driver disappears for some reason and my computer doesn't recognize the headphones that are connected. When i pull off the Ethernet cable, connect my headphones again, and restart my...
  4. Issue between Realtek audio driver and my Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in: I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, sold by ASUS.I bought a new monitor and plugged the display cable into the GPU while a my HDMI cable was plugged into another monitor and then my pc froze and BSoD ed, it gave the stop code: VIDEO TLD and one more word that I forgot.I then...
  6. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in: I have an Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4GB, sold by ASUS.I bought a new monitor and plugged the display cable into the GPU while a my HDMI cable was plugged into another monitor and then my pc froze and BSoD ed, it gave the stop code: VIDEO TLD and one more word that I forgot.I then...
  7. BSoD when I plug a Display Port cable in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  9. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  10. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging