Windows 10: CAC Card reader not detecting the card

Discus and support CAC Card reader not detecting the card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've read several posts with the EXACT same question, but they're not resolved, so I'm starting my own. I'm in the military and use a CAC CARD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdriannaYameen, Nov 5, 2019.

1. CAC Card reader not detecting the card

Hello, I've read several posts with the EXACT same question, but they're not resolved, so I'm starting my own. I'm in the military and use a CAC CARD reader to access websites. After a recent windows update, my computer no longer detects my CAC CARD. The card reader is fine, but the card itself isn't detecting. I REPEAT, the card reader is fine. (Also, its NOT an SD card. Its a CAC card. On an other post here, a fix was suggested for an SD card. Its not an SD card).

The card reader is detected, I've updated and reinstalled the driver multiple times. I've tried rolling it back. The card reader shows on the computer under Device Manager, it shows on other computers too, and the CAC Card works on other computers. It is not a problem with the card reader, or the card, it is a problem with some settings in this computer. Internet explorer, google chrome, and firefox all fail to see the CAC Card on this computer. Can you please help fix how my computer will detect the card itself?

The card reader i'm using is called "Stanley Global Technologies" and in Device Manager it shows as Smart Card Reader- "Alcor Micro USB Smart Card Reader".

Thanks!

:)

AdriannaYameen, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Thelazy1 Win User

CAC CARD

Good Evening:

I am in the military and I use a CAC CARD reader to access various websites to do my job on my own computer. I took a recent update on Windows 10 to Version 1903. Now my computer sees my cac card reader, but when I insert my cac card it doesn't notice it.
    Device Manger sees my cac card reader and the driver is wokring properly, I did uninstall and reinstall to verify. The reader works on other computer and I checked my ID with the ID lab to make sure my card wasn't locked. I also sat with an IT to download
    all the right credentials for the CAC CARD, but the reader will not read my CAC CARD. It won't read mine or anyone else, but the reader does work. We tried it on other devices. I don't know if its a know issue and I been researching it for the past couple
    of days. Please help Thank You.

Thelazy1, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Computer not reading CAC card

I have been reading through a lot subject on getting your on getting your CAC card to work on your computer and have followed everyone's advice, however my computer still doesn't recognize my CAC card when I put it in the reader. I have downloaded the
    smart card manager and it says there are no smart cards detected. In the device manager it says my card reader is working properly and when I try to update drivers it says the most current drivers are installed. Any ideas on what I need to do to get my computer
    to recognize my CAC card?

BrandonFenstermaker, Nov 5, 2019
  4. CAC Card reader not detecting the card

Computer not reading CAC card

So after rolling back the driver I still had the same issue. The computer recognizes the Common Access Card (CAC) reader but it doesn't read the common access card. So I re-updated the drivers to the most current ones. Any other suggestions?

BrandonFenstermaker, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

CAC Card reader not detecting the card

1. CAC Card reader not detecting the card - Similar Threads - CAC Card reader

2. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  3. Internal SD Card Reader is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal SD Card Reader is not detected: I have a Lenovo T450 laptop with Windows 7 installed and it has an internal SD card reader. I installed the drivers for it, which were on the Lenovo website, but it isn't being detected by Windows it doesn't show up in Device Manager and explorer. The files and utilities did...
  4. SD Card Reader can't be detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SD Card Reader can't be detected: I have an SD Card reader connected to my case, but my computer can't use the device. It seems to be a device that has the Device Descriptor Failure error, as I can't find another device like it in device manager. Device instance path: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&166CCC16&0&10...
  5. Card reader not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Card reader not detected: I've installed Windows 10 on an HP 2000 laptop after I ran the Windows updates after that, the ActivClient does not detect the USB card reader. I had reinstalled the ActivClient and reader software a couple of times with no success....
  6. Smart Card not reading CAC

Smart Card not reading CAC: Hi, After a microsoft update a few months ago my smart card reader no longer recognize my CAC. When I would try to log onto military sites, it would say no certificates present. On activclient middleware, it would say no card reader detected. I am using a SCR331 and a...
  7. Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader)

Windows Security is no longer recognizing my CAC reader (Smart Card reader): Windows Security seems to have randomly stopped recognizing my CAC reader, this happened early September. Typically whenever I access a website that needs my CAC (email, DTS, etc), it prompts me to select my name from a list of credentials, which I do. Then a box pops up...
  8. CAC CARD

CAC CARD: Good Evening: I am in the military and I use a CAC CARD reader to access various websites to do my job on my own computer. I took a recent update on Windows 10 to Version 1903. Now my computer sees my cac card reader, but when I insert my cac card it doesn't notice it....
  9. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....: I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-cac-card-reader-installed-the/933a196c-5da6-4cb2-8401-b1401bfe5011
  10. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cac card reader not reading

2. internet explorer not reading cac

3. activclient card reader not detected

4. cac reader wont read my cac card,
  5. cac card reader not detecting card,
  6. internet explorer not recognizing cac card,
  7. cac card reader not reading cac card,
  8. latitude 7280 card reader not detecting cac card,
  9. windows 10 cac reader not detecting smart card