Windows 10: CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

Discus and support CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my cac stopped working with the error "No valid client certificate found in the request. No valid certificates found in the user's certificate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kat Klebba, Mar 24, 2023.

1. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

Hi, my cac stopped working with the error "No valid client certificate found in the request. No valid certificates found in the user's certificate store. Please try again after closing and reopening the browser and choose a different authentication method." My local DEERS office gave me a new CAC and exact same issue persists. I have tried different CAC readers, different computers, every browser I have, cleared my cache, certs, and history, restarted my computer, restarted the smart card reader service, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, and allowed all permissions on my CAC reader. Only m

:)

Kat Klebba, Mar 24, 2023
  2. ahr10 Win User

Cannot delete certificate

Because it's a personal computer I'm not using a CAC. But the way CACs work is by authorising you against the central domain, which is effectively what I'm doing anyway (because I'm not on a domain-managed system).

I've elevated to Admin but the certificate disappears: this is an intended behaviour. It's clearing the 'R' attribute that I need help with.

I may try SuperUser unless anybody has any suggestions?

ahr10, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Computer not reading CAC card

So after rolling back the driver I still had the same issue. The computer recognizes the Common Access Card (CAC) reader but it doesn't read the common access card. So I re-updated the drivers to the most current ones. Any other suggestions?

BrandonFenstermaker, Mar 24, 2023
  4. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

Windows 10 Certificate Manager will not find my Military CAC

As the title states, I recently purged all user certificates from my computer because a friend used my computer and loaded his CAC onto the computer. Now my computer cannot find my CAC or load the certificates from it. I have opened device manager and
    looked for hardware changes and updated the smart card reader drivers.

JoshuaRice1, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

1. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers - Similar Threads - CAC certificates recognized

2. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers: Hi, my cac stopped working with the error "No valid client certificate found in the request. No valid certificates found in the user's certificate store. Please try again after closing and reopening the browser and choose a different authentication method." My local DEERS...
  3. CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAC certificates not recognized on personal computers: Hi, my cac stopped working with the error "No valid client certificate found in the request. No valid certificates found in the user's certificate store. Please try again after closing and reopening the browser and choose a different authentication method." My local DEERS...
  4. Identity certificates not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identity certificates not recognized: I cannot use digital identity certificates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identity-certificates-not-recognized/57310ea6-4b97-49df-b383-26731ee5c36e
  5. Identity certificates not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identity certificates not recognized: I cannot use digital identity certificates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identity-certificates-not-recognized/57310ea6-4b97-49df-b383-26731ee5c36e
  6. CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC

CAC reader SCR3310 V2.0 Not reading CAC: I have updated the driver for the CAC reader a million times now and it still won't read the card. I've tried 3 different readers and same issue. The PC can see the cac reader in device manager but the reader wont read the card. I've tried the reader and card on a MAC and I...
  7. Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not recognized as an Admin on my home personal computer: I installed a game to my computer for the first time. It installed just fine, but when I try to launch it I get a pop up that states "Access Denied: Please login with administrator privileges and try again" There is no prompt for admin password or anything. I am the admin on...
  8. Windows 10 Update removed ability of my CAC readers to recognize CAC Cards--no earlier...

Windows 10 Update removed ability of my CAC readers to recognize CAC Cards--no earlier...: I have an HP ProBook 640 G3, i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5GHz; 8 GB RAM; 64-Bit running Win 10 - version 1903. I have an internal CAC reader, an external USB CAC reader and a USB Keyboard/CAC reader. Through April 2020 all three worked fine. Then a Win10 update was pushed in May...
  9. Windows 10 Certificate Manager will not find my Military CAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Certificate Manager will not find my Military CAC: As the title states, I recently purged all user certificates from my computer because a friend used my computer and loaded his CAC onto the computer. Now my computer cannot find my CAC or load the certificates from it. I have opened device manager and looked for hardware...
  10. I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....

I have a cac card reader, installed the certificates, but windows won't read my cac card....: I'm trying to use access cac card required sites on my home personal computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-cac-card-reader-installed-the/933a196c-5da6-4cb2-8401-b1401bfe5011