Windows 10: Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18

Discus and support Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC randomly turns off like if the power was cut and then reboots. It's completely random, sometimes it happens twice a week, sometimes once a month.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BaranSK, Feb 11, 2021.

1. BaranSK Win User

Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18

My PC randomly turns off like if the power was cut and then reboots. It's completely random, sometimes it happens twice a week, sometimes once a month. The system doesn't need to be in high usage for this to happen, it even happens when only using Word. It happened nine times in the past 3 months, about half of these reboots happened when switching to sleep mode or shutting down.

After the error, the PC reboots longer than usual or there's a message saying
    Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer.

There's no bluescreen or error message, the only information is in the Event Viewer:
    A fatal hardware error has occurred.
    Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
    Processor APIC ID: 0 sometimes 1
    The details view of this entry contains further information.

My BIOS settings are default and I built the PC myself. The only mistake I did is that I didn't screw the CPU stock cooler in an X shape. Could it be because of the unbalanced pressure on the CPU?

:)

BaranSK, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Volcz Win User

Cache hierarchy error, PC reboot

Been reading every thread I can find on this.

Last night my PC rebooted itself and in event viewer it was "cache hierarchy error". This is the second time its done this, about 1 week apart. I was a couple hours into flying in the new flight sim when this occurred.

Right before this event I also have "Event 1101 Audit events have been dropped by the transport", and finally "Event 41 Kernel Power".

I have a dump in Windows\LiveKernelReports\WHEA for each shutdown. Today I tried to replicate it by flying in the new flight sim, pushing that GPU for 3 hours. And whilst it got hot, (GPU junction 90 degrees), there was no crash. I have no idea how to
    replicate this.

This is a brand new PC, less than a month old, specs are: Ryzen 5 3600, Sapphire 5700xt Pulse, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi, 32Gb GSkill Ripjaws V @ 3200Mhz (XMP), Corsair RM650. Drivers are 20.8.3, previous crash occurred on 20.8.2

No overclocking - EVERYTHING is stock except for switching XMP for RAM. Running latest Windows 10 64 bit - 2004.

Using BlueScreenView the problem lies with "ntoskrnl.exe"

Really would appreciate any help in identifying the issue and fixing.

Processor APIC ID: 4

Volcz, Feb 11, 2021
  3. xxx123 Win User
    Cache Hierarchy error.

I have a 8700K (default bios settings) for a month now. I have only just noticed after scrolling through event manger that i have been getting these warnings only from 21.01 january:
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Processor APIC ID: 0 (also sometimes happens for 6 or 8 aswell)

Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18 [​IMG]

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that errors from 21.01?

my pc: 8700K ( 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard )
    2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON
    Corsair 750i
    SSD Crucial 525GB MX300
    HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
    Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 215
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

I tried to reproduce issue by formatting disk and installing again Windows 10 but they dont appear again. From microsoft they said that this is hardware issue. So why i cant reproduce this?

xxx123, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18

WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16GB x2

PSU: beQuiet Stragiht Power 11 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold

Case: Midtower with 4 Stock Fans

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Version 2004

GPU Drivers: NVidia Control Center Version 432

Chipset Drivers: AMD Chipset Software 2.5.4.352

Hard Disk: SSD - WD_Black 1TB M2 Nvme

Background Applications: Happens only when the screen turns off after idle too long

Description of Original Problem: My newly built PC keeps on restarting whenever the screen turns off. It keeps doing this only when the screen output is turned off, and can take anywhere from a minute after, to days after for
    it to decide to restart itself. Every time it restarts, event logger puts this out:

Processor APIC ID: 1

or

Processor APIC ID: 12

Troubleshooting: I have tried updating all drivers, changing bios power settings, and making sure ram, and gpu are working

NickyVetos, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18

1. Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18 - Similar Threads - Cache Hierarchy Error

2. Event Id 18

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Id 18: Hi, my pc seems to crash randomly under random amounts of load, and this is the error i get, my specs are a gtx 1050 and ryzen 3 1300, any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-18/b3f9f964-fd37-494f-be28-265d23a6ced6
  3. Event Id 18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Id 18: Hi, my pc seems to crash randomly under random amounts of load, and this is the error i get, my specs are a gtx 1050 and ryzen 3 1300, any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-18/b3f9f964-fd37-494f-be28-265d23a6ced6
  4. Event Id 18

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cache hierarchy error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cache hierarchy error: Hello everybody, While playing call of duty games warzone, cold war and vanguard, sometimes my screen goes black and immediately restarts, and event viewer shows cache hierarchy error. I feel like I've tried everything by now and I don't know what esle to try.Here's what I've...
  6. Cache hierarchy error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cache hierarchy error: Hello everybody, While playing call of duty games warzone, cold war and vanguard, sometimes my screen goes black and immediately restarts, and event viewer shows cache hierarchy error. I feel like I've tried everything by now and I don't know what esle to try.Here's what I've...
  7. Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error: Hello,I have recently built a PC with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. About 4 months ago it started to randomly black screen and restart without any error message on the screen. It only happens when idling or when the PC is going asleep or shutting down. Every time this error happens...
  8. Cache Hierarchy Error AMD Ryzen 3700

Cache Hierarchy Error AMD Ryzen 3700: Hi all, I've been having random reboots with my fairly new system that I built in September 2021. When I look in Event Viewer, I get WHEA-Logger 18 events. Reported by component: Processor Core. Error Source: Machine Hierarchy Error Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error....
  9. Cache hierarchy error, PC reboot

Cache hierarchy error, PC reboot: Been reading every thread I can find on this. Last night my PC rebooted itself and in event viewer it was "cache hierarchy error". This is the second time its done this, about 1 week apart. I was a couple hours into flying in the new flight sim when this occurred. Right...
  10. Cache Hierarchy error.

Cache Hierarchy error.: I have a 8700K (default bios settings) for a month now. I have only just noticed after scrolling through event manger that i have been getting these warnings only from 21.01 january: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com