Windows 10: Cache Hierarchy error.

Discus and support Cache Hierarchy error. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a 8700K (default bios settings) for a month now. I have only just noticed after scrolling through event manger that i have been getting these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xxx123, Feb 10, 2018.

1. xxx123 Win User

Cache Hierarchy error.

I have a 8700K (default bios settings) for a month now. I have only just noticed after scrolling through event manger that i have been getting these warnings only from 21.01 january:
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
    Processor APIC ID: 0 (also sometimes happens for 6 or 8 aswell)

Cache Hierarchy error. [​IMG]

I havent seen any affects that might be caused from this like BSODS or freezing. All stable. Intel diagnostic tool passing. Memtest86 no errors. IHC memtest no errors. Either way should i be concerned of that errors from 21.01?

my pc: 8700K ( 4700MHZ is on auto by motherboard )
    2x8GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP ON
    Corsair 750i
    SSD Crucial 525GB MX300
    HDD TOSHIBA 500GB
    Asus Z370 Pro Gaming bios 215
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

I tried to reproduce issue by formatting disk and installing again Windows 10 but they dont appear again. From microsoft they said that this is hardware issue. So why i cant reproduce this?

:)

xxx123, Feb 10, 2018

2. My Computer keeps restarting its self

My computer keeps restarting its self and everytime I check the log to see why it did I get this

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error

or this

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Processor APIC ID: 2
    The details view of this entry contains further information

christianvanover, Feb 10, 2018
  3. Blinty Win User
    PC freezing with Event ID 19 in Windows 10

Since I've upgraded to Windows 10 many months ago, my computer has spontaneously frozen, in the way that I can't move my mouse, input and output sound fails, can't ctrl alt delete, nothing works; I have to force restart my PC through a button on the tower.

If I check the event viewer, I currently have 3360 WHEA-logger (event ID 19) errors in the last 7 days. Each one is a Cache Hierarchy Error.

Here are the general details:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Processor APIC ID: 1 (or 0)

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I have viewed other posts about the same error, and have run the System File Checker Tool (which did not find any integrity violations), all my drivers are up to date, and I still get the freezing issue when I create a new user account.

What are the next steps for fixing this error please? Thank you Cache Hierarchy error. :)

Blinty, Feb 10, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cache Hierarchy error.

As you have reformatted the disk and done a fresh installation it is not possible to review the old errors. If they are not happening again I would not worry about it. It was most likely due to some drivers carried over from previous versions and the fresh installation has sorted it.

If you spot them again we can do some more investigation at that time.

philc43, Feb 11, 2018
  5. xxx123 Win User
    Look that that next whea was appearing exactly on the same second and next minute.

xxx123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cache Hierarchy error.

1. Cache Hierarchy error. - Similar Threads - Cache Hierarchy error

2. Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error 2: System with FX-6200, first time check- instant reboot after error.Here are the addresses:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger [ Guid] {c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220} EventID 18 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0...
  3. Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error 2: System with FX-6200, first time check- instant reboot after error.Here are the addresses:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger [ Guid] {c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220} EventID 18 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0...
  4. Cache hierarchy error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cache hierarchy error: Hello everybody, While playing call of duty games warzone, cold war and vanguard, sometimes my screen goes black and immediately restarts, and event viewer shows cache hierarchy error. I feel like I've tried everything by now and I don't know what esle to try.Here's what I've...
  5. Cache hierarchy error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cache hierarchy error: Hello everybody, While playing call of duty games warzone, cold war and vanguard, sometimes my screen goes black and immediately restarts, and event viewer shows cache hierarchy error. I feel like I've tried everything by now and I don't know what esle to try.Here's what I've...
  6. Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine Check Exception - Cache Hierarchy Error: Hello,I have recently built a PC with AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. About 4 months ago it started to randomly black screen and restart without any error message on the screen. It only happens when idling or when the PC is going asleep or shutting down. Every time this error happens...
  7. Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18

Cache Hierarchy Error, Event ID 18: My PC randomly turns off like if the power was cut and then reboots. It's completely random, sometimes it happens twice a week, sometimes once a month. The system doesn't need to be in high usage for this to happen, it even happens when only using Word. It happened nine times...
  8. Cache Hierarchy Error AMD Ryzen 3700

Cache Hierarchy Error AMD Ryzen 3700: Hi all, I've been having random reboots with my fairly new system that I built in September 2021. When I look in Event Viewer, I get WHEA-Logger 18 events. Reported by component: Processor Core. Error Source: Machine Hierarchy Error Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error....
  9. WHEA-Logger - Corrected L0 Cache Hierarchy Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WHEA-Logger - Corrected L0 Cache Hierarchy Error: I've noticed that from time to time (maybe once a day or so), I would get a WHEA error that's corrected, relating to the cache. Are corrected WHEA errors safe to have? Do they affect the system in any meaningfully significant way? submitted by /u/nitorita [link]...
  10. Cache hierarchy error, PC reboot

Cache hierarchy error, PC reboot: Been reading every thread I can find on this. Last night my PC rebooted itself and in event viewer it was "cache hierarchy error". This is the second time its done this, about 1 week apart. I was a couple hours into flying in the new flight sim when this occurred. Right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cache hierarchy error windows 10

2. Cache Hierarchy Error