Windows 10: Cache on device vs cache in Windows

Discus and support Cache on device vs cache in Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried looking on the web but I couldn't find any significant explanation relative to disk drives about the difference between "cache on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frapc, May 12, 2021.

1. frapc Win User

Cache on device vs cache in Windows

Hi, I've tried looking on the web but I couldn't find any significant explanation relative to disk drives about the difference between "cache on the device" and "cache in Windows" which you can see here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-disk-write-caching-external-storage-windows-10 .I'm trying to get rid of all the apparently random background activity that wakes up the secondary HDD in my PC, which makes the HDD spindown useless. I think it's just windows updating its cache for the data and programs I use on the HDD though it should not happen if I do not explicitly acce

:)

frapc, May 12, 2021

2. Windows Store Cache Problems (Windows 10)

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store components are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try resetting Windows Store cache as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Type wsreset.exe in the search box.
    • Right-click wsreset, then select Run as Administrator.
    • Complete the process, then open Windows Store to test.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend following the suggested steps by
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread. Follow the steps 1 to 4 and see if it helps.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, May 12, 2021
  3. Microsoft store cache damaged?

Follow the below steps to Reset Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

GreyHairedDrago, May 12, 2021
  4. Cloo1 Win User

Cache?

I cannot access the Microsoft Store and none of my apps work since updating my computer. I have ran the troubleshooter, reset the apps, attempted to find the cache but i'm not having any luck!

Last error message reckoned the windows store cache is damaged..............

How can i resolve this please, step by step would be great Cache on device vs cache in Windows :)

Cloo1, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Cache on device vs cache in Windows - Similar Threads - Cache device cache

2. Windows Cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cache: Hi I has Windows in my SSD. I had to format the disk and I installed Windows on SSD. It works fine. But at the startup, it asks to choose between 3 operating systems. I have a OS in HDD and SSD. Since SSD was corrupted, I formatted it and made a fresh install. But it still...
  3. HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD cache flushing - on battery vs plugged in: Hi everybody, my laptop has a primary SSD and a secondary HDD. After trying all possible drivers, the best behaving one is fine when my PC is plugged in but on battery the bad HDD spindown behaviour comes back. Hence, I am trying to find at least all of the Windows 10...
  4. Cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cache: Why do I have to constantly clear cache like every 2-3 days? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache/d3f609e6-f145-4c7d-884b-2b69b5450a6d
  5. Caching

Caching: Is there anyway to Clear all Cache automatically without downloading something? I've seen a few Downloads, I'm scared to touch them cause I don't know if they are a virus. Also, Is there anyway that you cannot have Cache in Chrome I've tried a lot of ways to not make Chrome...
  6. cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cache: every time i search seems like it sits on connecting to cache whats that for takes forever to search thank you 1904 147132
  7. cache

cache: every time i search seems like it sits on connecting to cache whats that for takes forever to search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cache/8dd5921d-038b-4267-880b-76e99d50124c
  8. cache

cache: start up GOOGLE, and start YAHOO, ZYNGA, screen locks, on bottom of display, says waiting for CACHE. Then the computer hangs up, must shutdown, by turning computer off, not shutdown. seems to run fine until google...
  9. waiting for cache

waiting for cache: I found some suggestions for how o solve the problem with windows updates and th slow browsers saying "waiting for cache" - I am not a computer nerd, so I need a simpler way to solve the problem or someone can show me how to solve it visually. Thanks. I have recently...
  10. cache

in Browsers and Email
    cache: when using chrome with windows 10 I have this problem about every 15 web pages that are opened up the computer locks up, at the lower left of the screen,it shows this message waiting for cache. I have to reboot the computer, then it works for a while. how do I fix this?...