Windows 10: Cache problem

Discus and support Cache problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am finding I have to dump my cache at least once a day or web pages don't load properly. Any info/ideas much appreciated. Bob... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bobharker, May 30, 2019.

1. bobharker Win User

Cache problem

I am finding I have to dump my cache at least once a day or web pages don't load properly. Any info/ideas much appreciated.

Bob

:)

bobharker, May 30, 2019

2. Windows Store Cache Problems (Windows 10)

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store components are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try resetting Windows Store cache as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Type wsreset.exe in the search box.
    • Right-click wsreset, then select Run as Administrator.
    • Complete the process, then open Windows Store to test.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend following the suggested steps by
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread. Follow the steps 1 to 4 and see if it helps.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, May 30, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    How do I repair Windows Store cache in Windows 10?

Hi Edgardo,

A corrupted Windows Store cache may cause problems when using the Store app. We suggest following these steps to reset the cache to its original state:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type wsreset.exe and click OK.

The Store app will open automatically, as well as an empty command prompt window. Once the command prompt window closes on its own, that means the Store cache has been reset. Using this command doesn't affect any account settings or delete any installed
    apps.

Let us know if you're able to use the Store app properly after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 30, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Cache problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Cache problem

1. Cache problem - Similar Threads - Cache problem

2. Domain Joint problem in my laptop/Domain profile won't cache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Joint problem in my laptop/Domain profile won't cache: Good Morning All,I have a laptop which is having the issue with domain join. Case 1 : When I logged in the local administrator account and connect to the VPN and then switching the account to the TestUser- Domain joint account and try to login the TestUser that will...
  3. Domain Joint problem in my laptop/Domain profile won't cache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Joint problem in my laptop/Domain profile won't cache: Good Morning All,I have a laptop which is having the issue with domain join. Case 1 : When I logged in the local administrator account and connect to the VPN and then switching the account to the TestUser- Domain joint account and try to login the TestUser that will...
  4. Domain Joint problem in my laptop/Domain profile won't cache

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  6. Flush DNS Cache Problem

Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  7. Page rendering problems and can't clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page rendering problems and can't clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge with Windows 10: Hello,I am having a problem with my Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. Many pages don't load, and the browser only works well in Incognito mode.The obvious solution would be to clear the browser cache but when I tried to delete the browser gets stuck for hours.I also tried to...
  8. Page rendering problems and can't clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge with Windows 10

Page rendering problems and can't clear browser cache in Microsoft Edge with Windows 10: Hello,I am having a problem with my Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. Many pages don't load, and the browser only works well in Incognito mode.The obvious solution would be to clear the browser cache but when I tried to delete the browser gets stuck for hours.I also tried to...
  9. File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?: Hello,I have a problem whereby the status icons for folders in File Explorer are not updating to reflect their actual status. e.g., instead of the blue-arrow-circle they should be the solid-green-checkmark. So there seems to be a disconnect between my local OneDrive files and...
  10. File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File status icons not updating - problem with cached files?: Hello,I have a problem whereby the status icons for folders in File Explorer are not updating to reflect their actual status. e.g., instead of the blue-arrow-circle they should be the solid-green-checkmark. So there seems to be a disconnect between my local OneDrive files and...