Windows 10: CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in

Discus and support CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months ago I started getting the classic "Cached Credentials" message when opening a file from OneDrive or SharePoint. I would submit my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andy Barker (TWNKLS AR), Jun 3, 2019.

1. CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in

A few months ago I started getting the classic "Cached Credentials" message when opening a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

I would submit my username and password and all was fine.

Now though, it is just NOT working at all.
    I can't even get to the password screen after submitting username.

How can this be resolved!?

Please note: I previously tried the following resolutions and it did not help!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-sign-in/13144055-8916-4e6e-9a0a-6e276bb565db

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-sign-in/8743341e-2af5-40c8-b481-f55d7202a53e

CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in 66db4593-68ca-4b1f-8616-6c1c1cd65dd1?upload=true.jpg

CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in f887e564-e2fe-48c0-bcaf-090083abaac4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Andy Barker (TWNKLS AR), Jun 3, 2019
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in [​IMG]

Rose W, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jun 3, 2019
  4. User5910 Win User

CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in

Clear cached Microsoft Live account credentials in Office apps

Briefly: After logging out of all my Microsoft accounts in OneNote I was still able to open/browse OneDrive files, private to those accounts, from the recently used list.

While using OneNote 2016 (Office 365 ProPlus, Windows 10 1803) at work, logged in with my work LiveID, I needed temporary access to my personal OneNote notebook, so within OneNote I logged into my other account, retrieved the information, and closed the notebook. Later I noticed that I could open my personal notebook and browse my OneDrive files from the recently used files menu without a password prompt. I tried the following to clear my cached credentials to no avail:

• OneNote 2016 Account settings - Sign out of my personal account, switch to my work account, verify that "Switch account" does not show my personal account. Restart Windows. Also signed out of work account.
    • My Office (app) - Search the My account page for options to log out of my personal account.
    • Log into Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. and verify none of my files/folders are shared.
    • Log into https://account.microsoft.com and verify my computer is not listed under "Devices"
    • Repair - Repair Office from Windows Control Panel [suggested by the IT department] - I tried both "normal" and "online" repair, which reinstalled Office.
    • Windows Credential Manager - From this application I deleted all credentials starting with "MicrosoftOffice" and "OneDrive Cached Credential".
    • An SU post mentions Microsoft Live ID Sign-in Assistant, which sounds great, but is apparently not available on desktop Windows(?)

User5910, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in

1. CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in - Similar Threads - CACHED CREDENTIALS Cannot

2. Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in on OneDrive and cannot access Credential Manager - please help!: Dear all, I hope you will be able to help me because I am going crazy here...I think this is due to an update, and since then I encounter a lot of issues:1. first I could not use my PIN anymore to connect. This one I managed to resolve using a tutorial.but I STILL have other...
  3. Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD: We are in the process of transitioning our laptop deployment from Local AD to Azure AD using Autopilot. We've noticed a behavior in Windows Hello that has changed with this transition: Upon logging in with Windows Hello, the system no longer seems to have cached credentials...
  4. Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD

Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD: We are in the process of transitioning our laptop deployment from Local AD to Azure AD using Autopilot. We've noticed a behavior in Windows Hello that has changed with this transition: Upon logging in with Windows Hello, the system no longer seems to have cached credentials...
  5. Getting Windows Hello Sign In to work with cached credentials and Azure AD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Cached Credentials?

Cached Credentials?: I have tried the ways you guys have said to do in another thread but it isn't working for my computers. It is working on the mobile app but not my computers. What do I do?...
  7. Cached Credentials Expired

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cached Credentials Expired: When saving files to OneDrive folder I am getting the message "SIGN IN REQUIRED We can't upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired. [Sign In]" I click the Sign In button, enter my ID and the message comes back. I periodically check my...
  8. 'Cached credentials have expired. Please sign in again' repeated error

'Cached credentials have expired. Please sign in again' repeated error: I opened a word document and keep getting a pop up error saying that I can't save, or check, for changes because my cached credentials have expired. I enter my microsoft account email as prompted in order to sign in and click next but then the window closes and it goes back...
  9. How to resolve "cached credentials expired. Please sign in again."

How to resolve "cached credentials expired. Please sign in again.": When I open my files in my one drive folder, a message suddenly popped saying that "cant save, or check for, changes because your cached credentials have expired. Please sign in again". I tried to sign in again using my microsoft account, but theres a message saying that...
  10. cached credentials have expired. please sign in again.

cached credentials have expired. please sign in again.: Just purchased a laptop today, copied pictures and files from word and excel onto it from an external hard drive. Everything did seem to load fine and the 3 hours later all folders and files have small red circles with an x and I can't save any file I've tried do to and all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in required cached credentials

2. cached credentials have expired

3. your cached credentials have expired

4. cached credentials expired windows 10,
  5. what does it mean when cached credentials have expired with microsoft word,
  6. what user name do i use on my one drive cached credential,
  7. microsoft cached credentials expired,
  8. does cached credentials save admin,
  9. word sign in fail cached credentials have expired,
  10. what does it mean that my cached credentials expired when trying to save a word document?,
  11. word says my cached credentials have expired,
  12. onedrive cached credential windows 10,
  13. What does it mean that Cashed credentials have expired,
  14. office 365 credential expired,
  15. sign in your account credentials have expired