Windows 10: cached credentials have expired. please sign in again.

Discus and support cached credentials have expired. please sign in again. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just purchased a laptop today, copied pictures and files from word and excel onto it from an external hard drive. Everything did seem to load fine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicoleDougherty, Nov 16, 2018.

1. cached credentials have expired. please sign in again.

Just purchased a laptop today, copied pictures and files from word and excel onto it from an external hard drive. Everything did seem to load fine and the 3 hours later all folders and files have small red circles with an x and I can't save any file I've tried do to and all state 'cached credentials have expired.' Please sign-in again. I have tried signing in several times nothing happens. All folders have a 'read-only' option checked I have went in and unchecked this option, but goes back to being 'read-only' immediately. I have check that I am the owner and I have full access in the security tab.

When setting up computer I did set up a password and PIN number. At one point when I tried to us the PIN, there was an error message stating due to security changes on this computer the PIN will no longer be accepted. I did go to settings an reset the PIN number.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

:)

NicoleDougherty, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

cached credentials have expired. please sign in again. [​IMG]

Rose W, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Error: "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again" on Windows 10

Hi Irish,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you disable the third-party anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable your antivirus software. If
    you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you are done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: Change the settings in Windows Credentials.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel.
    • Click on the Credential Manager icon.
    • Select Windows Credentials at the top right in Credential Manager.
    • Under the Generic Credentials section, look for the listed
      MicrosoftAccount:user= (Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account.
    • Expand open the MicrosoftAccount:user=(Email address)
      credential for your Microsoft account, and click/tap on Remove.
    • Click on Yes to confirm.
    • Sign out from the current user account, sign in and check with the status of this issue.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of verifying the user account credentials for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

cached credentials have expired. please sign in again.

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

cached credentials have expired. please sign in again.

1. cached credentials have expired. please sign in again. - Similar Threads - cached credentials expired

2. One drive - Can't upload or download changes - cache credentials have expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive - Can't upload or download changes - cache credentials have expired: I have removed the MS credentials from the Credential manager as previous answers to this question have suggested but the problem persists.Help please...
  3. One drive - Can't upload or download changes - cache credentials have expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive - Can't upload or download changes - cache credentials have expired: I have removed the MS credentials from the Credential manager as previous answers to this question have suggested but the problem persists.Help please...
  4. One drive - Can't upload or download changes - cache credentials have expired

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cached Credentials?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cached Credentials?: I have tried the ways you guys have said to do in another thread but it isn't working for my computers. It is working on the mobile app but not my computers. What do I do?...
  6. Cached Credentials Expired

Cached Credentials Expired: When saving files to OneDrive folder I am getting the message "SIGN IN REQUIRED We can't upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired. [Sign In]" I click the Sign In button, enter my ID and the message comes back. I periodically check my...
  7. CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CACHED CREDENTIALS: Cannot sign in: A few months ago I started getting the classic "Cached Credentials" message when opening a file from OneDrive or SharePoint. I would submit my username and password and all was fine. Now though, it is just NOT working at all. I can't even get to the password screen after...
  8. Cached credentials have expired. When I try to sign-in, I get error code 0x80090016

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cached credentials have expired. When I try to sign-in, I get error code 0x80090016: Cached credentials have expired. When I try to sign-in, I get error code 0x80090016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cached-credentials-have-expired-when-i-try-to-sign/6f606a0c-eb08-4a98-bd7d-1abaf7849d93
  9. 'Cached credentials have expired. Please sign in again' repeated error

'Cached credentials have expired. Please sign in again' repeated error: I opened a word document and keep getting a pop up error saying that I can't save, or check, for changes because my cached credentials have expired. I enter my microsoft account email as prompted in order to sign in and click next but then the window closes and it goes back...
  10. How to resolve "cached credentials expired. Please sign in again."

How to resolve "cached credentials expired. Please sign in again.": When I open my files in my one drive folder, a message suddenly popped saying that "cant save, or check for, changes because your cached credentials have expired. Please sign in again". I tried to sign in again using my microsoft account, but theres a message saying that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cached credentials have expired

2. cached credentials expired

3. cached credentials expired windows 10

4. one drive cached credentials expired,
  5. one drive cached credentials have expired,
  6. microsoft cached credentials expired,
  7. windows cached credentials expired,
  8. cached credentials have expired onedrive,
  9. cache credentials have expired,
  10. windows 10 cached credentials have expired,
  11. cached credentials have expired windows 10,