Windows 10: Cached domain password reset

Discus and support Cached domain password reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by eXPlosionas, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Cached domain password reset

We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but computer still shows domain because it is not removed from it computer side. User forgot old password which was used to access it. Now it is cached in windows.Is dumping password the only way to recover it? Because it cannot be attached to network again due to company policy.

:)

eXPlosionas, Jul 18, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 18, 2022
  3. How to reset Domain Users locally cached logon passwords

Dear All,

I am facing an issue that concerned with Domain Users locally cached logon passwords and how to reset it.

as simply sometimes I provide one of the remote sites IT Admins temporary accounts with elevated privileges to do some tasks and after that I disable or change the account password that I recently gave to them

but I found that after some time they log on using the old password while having same privileges by unplugging PCs from network and logging using the windows cached credentials and hence they can do what ever they want without permission.

So I need to know how can I reset the logging passwords that windows caches locally whenever a domain account logs on to a PC.

so I need that the next time any user uses the PC,it will ask him for the password and if he supplied an old one or supplied disabled account credits then PC denies logging for him,

taking in consideration that I do not need to disable the Password caching mode that is used by notebook users. so I need only to reset all cached logon passwords once and I can repeat the same whenever needed

Ahmed_M_Nour, Jul 18, 2022
  4. bdanmo Win User

Cached domain password reset

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

Cached domain password reset

1. Cached domain password reset - Similar Threads - Cached domain password

2. Cached domain user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  3. Cached domain user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached domain user: Hello,We are currently facing an issue: we had a domain user with admin privileges, let's say "username123." This user account was disabled a few months ago. On all computers, the path C:/Users/username123 was changed to C:/Users/username123_old, and the registry key...
  4. Cached domain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  6. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  7. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

8. Cached domain password reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached domain password reset: We have windows XP computer with cached AD user login. This computer is no longer attached to internet. But it is removed from domain server side, but computer still shows domain because it is not removed from it computer side. User forgot old password which was used to...
  9. Domain controller account resetting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain controller account resetting password: At random times in the day, domain controller account resets by domain admin password.. 4724 event shows source as domain controller account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-account-resetting-password/67131649-1ae2-455b-bb43-d9c06fe8bd4c
  10. Domain controller account resetting password

Domain controller account resetting password: At random times in the day, domain controller account resets by domain admin password.. 4724 event shows source as domain controller account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-account-resetting-password/67131649-1ae2-455b-bb43-d9c06fe8bd4c