Windows 10: Cached Logon not working

Discus and support Cached Logon not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I work tech at the office and due to the current remote working situation, many users are having issues logging into their cached credentials when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by zenga20, Jun 10, 2021.

1. zenga20 Win User

Cached Logon not working

I work tech at the office and due to the current remote working situation, many users are having issues logging into their cached credentials when they're not connected to the domain. Any potential solutions?

:)

zenga20, Jun 10, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Cached Logon not working

Windows Store Cache Problems (Windows 10)

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store components are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try resetting Windows Store cache as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Type wsreset.exe in the search box.
    • Right-click wsreset, then select Run as Administrator.
    • Complete the process, then open Windows Store to test.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend following the suggested steps by
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread. Follow the steps 1 to 4 and see if it helps.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Cached Logon not working

1. Cached Logon not working - Similar Threads - Cached Logon working

2. Fingerprint logon won't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint logon won't work: Dell Inspiron 5406 2-in-1. Clean install of Windows 10 after installing a new SSD.Fingerprint not recognized for logon.Laptop has a fingerprint reader. I've only had it work once to login since I replaced the SSD. I've re-registered my fingerprint multiple times. No good. The...
  3. Fingerprint logon won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint logon won't work: Dell Inspiron 5406 2-in-1. Clean install of Windows 10 after installing a new SSD.Fingerprint not recognized for logon.Laptop has a fingerprint reader. I've only had it work once to login since I replaced the SSD. I've re-registered my fingerprint multiple times. No good. The...
  4. Fingerprint logon won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello logon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello logon doesn't work: Sincne the latest update I can't logon using heloo face recognition. My camera does work as I tested in Zoom. but the computer seems not able to acces it for hello sign in....
  6. Cached logon not working properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cached logon not working properly: I work tech at the office and due to the current remote working situation, many users are having issues logging into their cached credentials when they're not connected to the domain. Any potential solutions?...
  7. Smart Card Authentication and Cached Logons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smart Card Authentication and Cached Logons: Hello,Scenario:Windows 10 laptops are PIV Enforced Smart cards are required to log on to the OSUser has been remote for over a year COVIDVPN is split tunnelMany users are overseas with low bandwidth connectionMost work can be done without direct access to on-prem resources,...
  8. Cached logons not allowing user to log on when domain controller unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cached logons not allowing user to log on when domain controller unavailable: My laptop users are finding that they periodically cannot login when they are working remotely without connection to the domain controller. They receive the message "We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available..." The group policy has cached...
  9. Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon and Logoff sounds not working.: I've already done the registry changes to make these events show in the sounds / sounds window. Source: How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10 I've assigned the custom sounds to them I've been using in W7 for years and the sounds...
  10. Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Hosting servers for a domain -- clear DNS cache without re-logon: Hi folks If you have a domain hosted by a hosting service with their DNS servers how do you clear the cache after a DNS update on their server. DNS update has been registered, active and works with PING. After update etc - and the update has been refreshed and active...