Windows 10: calc.exe no longer starts

Discus and support calc.exe no longer starts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 pro and when I try to start the built in Calculator the app immediately shuts down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MissLorentz, Feb 11, 2019.

1. calc.exe no longer starts

I am using Windows 10 pro and when I try to start the built in Calculator the app immediately shuts down.

:)

MissLorentz, Feb 11, 2019

2. Search not returning majority of apps such as "calc"

After some failed Windows Updates and a messy reboot resulted in numerous issues with my setup, I was forced to run the "Reset your PC" option from my Windows 10 install media. After this I have had a number of issues, one of which is that now it seems that
    the search functionality in the start menu is not working as intended.

The search is able to find some installd programs, such as Steam and Camtasia. However, it does not seem able to find any of the pre-installed applications, for example: "calc".

When I type in "calc" in the search field the search only suggests that I could "search my stuff" for a file called "calc" and eventually finds a number of related image files, but not the actual calculator application. If I add in the ".exe" to the end,
    then Windows does manage to find calc.exe.

So far I have tried scripts for reinstalling all default apps, reinstalling cortana, repairing the start menu and turning the windows search -service on and off, but to no avail. What other steps could I take to try and restore full search functionality
    to my Windows or should I be looking into a full OS reinstall at this point?

whamtheman, Feb 11, 2019
  3. vvv104 Win User
    Windows calc stopped working

Hello,

Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

Actually I don't know when calc has been broken. But no, I didn't do any significant changes since it worked.

Are you getting any error message?

No, just that empty window.

Which windows build have you installed on your computer?10.0.10586

I tried clean boot as you suggested, but calc still doesn't work.

sfc /scannow didn't find any find any integrity violations.

I addition to this I see that Photos app and some other metro apps don't work as well. And they all have "empty" icons in start menu.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

vvv104, Feb 11, 2019
  4. calc.exe no longer starts

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

calc.exe no longer starts

1. calc.exe no longer starts - Similar Threads - calc exe longer

2. exe often fails to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe often fails to start: exe fails to start. 2 machines out of 3 exhibit problem. 1 win 10, 1 win 11. one beep when it fails. app built on win 10 with vb6.checked permissions, fire wall, exe association, virus, no luck....
  3. Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating: Coming from Linux I have some accounts in a LibreOffice "ods" spreadsheet file that I was using no problem. I installed LO 7 in Windows 10 and it seemed to working ok, but I didn't use it much. There is a macro in the file that I wrote myself and it wouldn't start until I...
  4. MS Calc - wrong answer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Calc - wrong answer?: Hello, I can't figure it out. this is clearly a wrong answer but i don't understand why am I getting it. other calculators agree that the answer should be about 0.7017 [ATTACH]...
  5. Start an exe program in FreeDOS?

Start an exe program in FreeDOS?: Hello all together just trying to reinstall windows in FreeDos from my sticker. Is it even possible to start the setup.exe or do I have to look for another way? Do I have to drag extra files onto the stick or is there a possibility? Picture as attachment...
  6. Windows no longer finds .exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows no longer finds .exe files: Having a problem getting exe files to run. Office365 now will not start word, excel etc. If I go to the word doc and double click Windows says it cannot find it. If I navigate to the winword.exe it says it cannot find it. Having the same issue with itunes, adobe acrobat...
  7. Suspicious "calc" process in background.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspicious "calc" process in background.: I have been noticing that my computer is running slow. But when I open the task manager, it comes back to normal. So after noticing that this malicious software "hides" when I open the task manager, I used another monitoring software for my computer (CAM from NZXT) since I...
  8. Calc Version 10.1903.21.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calc Version 10.1903.21.0: When I want to count percent, 95 x 4,5% . If I do it on mobile, I get 4,275. When I do it on my W10, i get 0,045. Very strange, Of course I can count 95 x 0,045 and get the correct value, but why put a percent button in basic if it doesnt work?...
  9. EXE files wont start

EXE files wont start: Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing...
  10. Store, start menu, taskbar, and apps like calc not working

Store, start menu, taskbar, and apps like calc not working: I originally wanted to completely disable the UAC as the admin permission messages that popped for almost any/everything i wanted to do were very annoying. I dont remember exactly what i did, but it was something in gpedit or something similar to it. After i did that my...