Windows 10: Calculating in the start menu

Discus and support Calculating in the start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I remember being able to do basic calculations directly from the windows menu, but I can't get it to work now. is it still possible? Like, i would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/n1elsen95, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Calculating in the start menu

I remember being able to do basic calculations directly from the windows menu, but I can't get it to work now.
    is it still possible?

Like, i would just press the Windows key, type "2+2" and it would say "4"

If the feature is removed, is there any other way to instantly do basic math on windows, i do a lot of small calculations during work, so it would be amazing not to have to open the calculator every time

Thanks

submitted by /u/n1elsen95
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/n1elsen95, Oct 29, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Calculation in Start Menu Search

We then suggest that you try to check for updates by following the steps below:

Press the Windows key.

Click on Settings.

Choose Update & security.

Then click on Windows Update.

Select Check for updates.

After Windows update, you may have to restart your device and check if you can now do a calculation in the Start menu.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Oct 29, 2019
  3. GAMhackER Win User
    Calculator doesn't start!

It should be Calculator I guess in 3rd point! Calculating in the start menu :p

GAMhackER, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Calculating in the start menu

Calculator doesn't start!

Hi Gamhacker,

We appreciate your time and efforts to get back to us.

As the issue persists only with the calculator app, you may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Calculator
    app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Calculator app form the Windows store.

Now, you may try to open the Calculator app and check the functionality.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Calculating in the start menu

1. Calculating in the start menu - Similar Threads - Calculating start menu

2. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  3. Is there any way to disable start menu web search while maintaining calculator functionality?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to disable start menu web search while maintaining calculator functionality?: Based on this thread here - https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp90iu/z/fxou3o5 Hoping it gets more visibility in its own topic. Any advice is appreciated, thanks! submitted by /u/JoeArchitect [link] [comments]...
  4. Calculator closing itself while starting.

Calculator closing itself while starting.: Hi, I have an issue with the Calculator app today, it's always closing while started. Before installing the cumulative updates last night, the app is working properly. Here is the event error log. General tab Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version:...
  5. How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?: Are there any third party programs or registry tweaks to change these icons? [img] 128011
  6. How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change Calculator and Camera app icons in Start Menu?: Are there any third party programs or registry tweaks to change these icons? [img] 128011
  7. Calculator hamburger menu won't display

Calculator hamburger menu won't display: When I click the 3-bar hamburger menu icon I get a brief flash and then nothing. Any fix? Reinstall calculator? 40344
  8. where is calculator in the Windows 10 start menu?

where is calculator in the Windows 10 start menu?: I looked online but it just said click on the start menu and type in calc.exe. I am looking for where it is in the start menu instead of where to access it. 72647
  9. Calculator Auto-Start

Calculator Auto-Start: I have just upgraded from 8.1 and find that the new calculator keeps auto-starting. It's not a major problem, but a little annoying, is there a solution to this? 27260
  10. Loss of Edge, Calculator, Notifications, Maps and now the Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Edge, Calculator, Notifications, Maps and now the Start Menu.: This morning ( 2016-05-12), I lost Edge while busy posting a comment on this forum, next was calculator, disappeared from my system, then Maps, and then when I tried to see what was going on, the "start menu" also disappeared on me!. At the same time, I now see I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calcultations from start menu