Windows 10: Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed...

Discus and support Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed to show the minus/plus etc. correctly? Shown as below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KW2019, Sep 25, 2018.

1. KW2019 Win User

Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed...

Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed to show the minus/plus etc. correctly? Shown as below. Thanks a lot for your help.

Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed... 9786e557-2f60-4599-beb1-31415cf59a33?upload=true.png

:)

KW2019, Sep 25, 2018

2. calculator

Hi,

Apps like the Calculator may not work due to a variety of reasons. This may include a corrupted user profile or a problem with the app itself. Have you already tried restarting your computer after the update?

Moreover, if the issue is limited to the Calculator app, we recommend following these steps to reset it.

Note: This will permanently delete the app's data on your device, including your preferences and sign-in details.

• Click Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select the Calculator app from the list.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.

Let us know if you have clarifications.

Darian Tab, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Calculator not working

I too had the problem with my calculator not working. I tried several of the suggestions, but nothing worked. However, I did come across a solution that worked for me. Go to Settings –> System
    –> Apps & Features –> In the apps and features search box, search the list for Calculator. W
    hen it comes up in the list click its Icon The dialog box
    will expand and display an Advanced Options link. Click the Advanced Options link.
    A new screen will be displayed. Click the Reset button. When the App,
    Data, and Total Usage revert to their original values, 0, 16KB, 16KB for my system, go to the Start menu and launch calculator. When I did this, mine started working again!

Bob_Bumpous, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed...

calculator again

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here are some steps that may help:

I request you to remove Calculator by following the below steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:
      • powershell
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    • Close the CMD window.

Now you can install the Calculator from Windows store or from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kevin Larry, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed...

1. Calculation symbols are shown as boxes in the app calculator on WIn10, which font is needed... - Similar Threads - Calculation symbols are

2. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  3. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  4. calculator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  5. calculator app

calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  6. Calculator app is not working

Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  7. calculator app fail

calculator app fail: Recently when I tried using the scientific option in the windows 10 calculator app, I found that it was impossible to input " 48÷29+3 " since the digit before the brackets i.e the 2 was not being registered and is instead evaluated as " 48÷9+3 " even when the 2 is typed after...
  8. Microsoft Calculator app

Microsoft Calculator app: why the calculator app in windows 10 collepes at strart in my PC? Plz answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-calculator-app/8b69e579-78e0-41bc-81c4-84e351820584
  9. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %: I have never had an issue up until today. When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage unless I click enter twice. Not a huge deal but it wasn't always like that. What could have changed? For example normally...
  10. Need Old Calculator

Need Old Calculator: Howdy, I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10. The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think. I copied calc.exe from System32 and SysWOW64 folder of Windows 8.1 to my Windows 10 but it won't run. I searched the web for a whole day for a...