Windows 10: calculator after update

Discus and support calculator after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just updated windows (Feb-2019). The calculator size has changed. Now it takes more than half of the screen. This is completely useless. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NikhilSawant, Feb 16, 2019.

1. calculator after update

I just updated windows (Feb-2019). The calculator size has changed. Now it takes more than half of the screen.

This is completely useless. Now I cannot ujse calculator while viewing numbers in some other application in background. And has now only half screen and full screen size. Should I now use a mobile or switch back to physical calculators for getting job done?

Avoid such changes, it has completely made using calculator pointless on a PC.

calculator after update [​IMG]

:)

NikhilSawant, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Calculator

Hi,

Some of the reasons why the calculator app will not work properly are: the program encountered a corrupted system files, virus and malware, and another application is conflicting with it.

We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the calculator. In doing so, you will have a fresh copy of the application which will eliminate the issue. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Allow the application to make changes, Type in Powershell then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Type in Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Add-AppxPackage then, click
      Enter.
    • Restart the computer after the process and try accessing the menu of the calculator.
    Don't hesitate to provide your feedback.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 16, 2019
  3. calculator

Hi,

Apps like the Calculator may not work due to a variety of reasons. This may include a corrupted user profile or a problem with the app itself. Have you already tried restarting your computer after the update?

Moreover, if the issue is limited to the Calculator app, we recommend following these steps to reset it.

Note: This will permanently delete the app's data on your device, including your preferences and sign-in details.

• Click Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Select the Calculator app from the list.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click the Reset button.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.

Let us know if you have clarifications.

Darian Tab, Feb 16, 2019
  4. calculator after update

calculator again

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here are some steps that may help:

I request you to remove Calculator by following the below steps:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:
      1. powershell
      2. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    6. Close the CMD window.

Now you can install the Calculator from Windows store or from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kevin Larry, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

calculator after update

1. calculator after update - Similar Threads - calculator update

2. Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + others: Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + Paint + others?I have two PCs both running Windows 10 but one is at 22H2 and the other is at 21H2.The 22H2 machine has lost the standard Calculator App and the Calandar App and the Clock App and Paint 3D...there...
  3. Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + others: Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + Paint + others?I have two PCs both running Windows 10 but one is at 22H2 and the other is at 21H2.The 22H2 machine has lost the standard Calculator App and the Calandar App and the Clock App and Paint 3D...there...
  4. Has Windows 10 Feature Update 22H2 removed the Calculator App + others

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When i search for calculator, it shows the old icon instead of the updated one, ik it's not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i search for calculator, it shows the old icon instead of the updated one, ik it's not...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wonderful_Artichoke8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wku21z/when_i_search_for_calculator_it_shows_the_old/
  6. Windows Update not working, and lost my Windows Store, and Calculator apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not working, and lost my Windows Store, and Calculator apps.: Community,I have a workstation about 1 month old and all of a sudden the user cannot access Calculator anymore. I Googled it and researched that we just need to go to the Windows Store and reinstall Calculator. Attempted to run Windows Store and it no longer works. Read...
  7. Windows Update not working, and lost my Windows Store, and Calculator apps.

Windows Update not working, and lost my Windows Store, and Calculator apps.: Community,I have a workstation about 1 month old and all of a sudden the user cannot access Calculator anymore. I Googled it and researched that we just need to go to the Windows Store and reinstall Calculator. Attempted to run Windows Store and it no longer works. Read...
  8. Windows Update not working, and lost my Windows Store, and Calculator apps.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. After updating win11 cannot run programs from windowsapps paint calculator etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating win11 cannot run programs from windowsapps paint calculator etc: After updating to win11 cannot run programs from windowsapps paint calculator etc. If i am trying to rin any windows app it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"...
  10. After updating win11 cannot run programs from windowsapps paint calculator etc

After updating win11 cannot run programs from windowsapps paint calculator etc: After updating to win11 cannot run programs from windowsapps paint calculator etc. If i am trying to rin any windows app it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file"...