Windows 10: Calculator and mail apps not opening

Discus and support Calculator and mail apps not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by meganloydl, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Calculator and mail apps not opening

Hello,

when i click on the mail or calculator app they will start up than close down. I gave tried resting them, i have created another account it has the same issues. That has started happening after the last upgrade.

:)

meganloydl, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Calculator and mail apps not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 15, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Calculator and mail apps not opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Calculator and mail apps not opening

1. Calculator and mail apps not opening - Similar Threads - Calculator mail apps

2. Calculator app wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app wont open: My calculator is not opening. I have error message says cant open the application. I tried to update my Windows 11 but same issue. There is no pending updates as well in my Store so I dont think that I need to update the app but it is not opening at all. I need the app for my...
  3. Calculator app wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app wont open: My calculator is not opening. I have error message says cant open the application. I tried to update my Windows 11 but same issue. There is no pending updates as well in my Store so I dont think that I need to update the app but it is not opening at all. I need the app for my...
  4. Calculator and mail app keeps not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and mail app keeps not responding: I have problem in my 2 applications. It wont open properly. I can open them for the first time then after couple of minutes it will encounter problem and close immediately. My system will freeze so you cant do anything until it closes. I only have issue on those 2 apps so I...
  5. Calculator and mail app keeps not responding

Calculator and mail app keeps not responding: I have problem in my 2 applications. It wont open properly. I can open them for the first time then after couple of minutes it will encounter problem and close immediately. My system will freeze so you cant do anything until it closes. I only have issue on those 2 apps so I...
  6. Mail and calculator app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calculator app not working: My mail and calculator app not working. The 2 apps not working when I open it the app will not open. It is not on the task manager as well. No background apps are opened when I run the apps. How can I use those apps?...
  7. Mail and calculator app not working

Mail and calculator app not working: My mail and calculator app not working. The 2 apps not working when I open it the app will not open. It is not on the task manager as well. No background apps are opened when I run the apps. How can I use those apps?...
  8. Prevent calculator app from opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent calculator app from opening: I’m using a little numpad as a macro pad with HIDMacros. The key binds and hot keys are working very well but there’s a calculator button on the numpad that I have no idea how to disable. I am able to add macros to this button and they work but when I press it, the calculator...
  9. Windows 10 Calculator App not opening

Windows 10 Calculator App not opening: For some reason in windows 10 I can't seem to get my Calculator to open up... I click on the icon and a quick flash happens on the screen and then nothing. Appreciate any help. 67268
  10. Calculator is not opening

Calculator is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried SFC/scannow and everything is fine. On my dad's user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not. 28098