Windows 10: Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

Discus and support Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnotherJohnathon, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching. It will open a blue window and then immediately close. It still works for other users logged into the same PC though. We have tried the following steps in this order trying to resolve this issue for her:

• Terminated the app
    • Reset the app
    • Performed a Windows update to 1903 (I think it was 1809 previously)
    • Uninstalled then re-installed the app (uninstalling wasn't an option prior to the update)
    • We've tried re-registering the apps using this powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Ended the Runtime Broker background process
    • Ran the built in Windows App troubleshooter and rebooted afterwards
    • Ran WSReset.exe

These were most of the solutions I could find by searching. Is there any other possible solution? I don't want to remove and recreate her profile again since that would be a pain for her to do for the second time in two days and it's not guaranteed to work since that's what sparked this issue in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

***Original title: Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches***

:)

AnotherJohnathon, Oct 11, 2019

2. Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching.
    It will open a blue window and then immediately close. It still works for other users logged into the same PC though. We have tried the following steps in this order trying to resolve this issue for her:

• Terminated the app
    • Reset the app
    • Performed a Windows update to 1903 (I think it was 1809 previously)
    • Uninstalled then re-installed the app (uninstalling wasn't an option prior to the update)
    • We've tried re-registering the apps using this powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Ended the Runtime Broker background process
    • Ran the built in Windows App troubleshooter and rebooted afterwards
    • Ran WSReset.exe

These were most of the solutions I could find by searching. Is there any other possible solution? I don't want to remove and recreate her profile again since that would be a pain for her to do for the second time in two days and it's not guaranteed to
    work since that's what sparked this issue in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

***Original title: Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches***

AnotherJohnathon, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that one of the users is unable to open the Calculator app in your work environment. I certainly see that you have tried troubleshooting extensively on this issue and I appreciate your efforts and the information that you have provided.

Based on the information that you have provided, if other users, assuming in the same OU are able to access the application on the machine, then it could be a profile issue. However, I certainly understand the difficulty if you have to work on the
    profile aspects.

What we can try is, we can uninstall the Calculator App using PowerShell command and then re-install the app through Microsoft Store.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit
      Enter
      to uninstall Calculator: Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Open Microsoft Store and download the
      Calculator app

If the user is able to access the Calculator app on other Windows 10 computer, then you can assume that the issue is local to the machine.

You may also check
    Configure access to Microsoft Store
    for client computers, if it may help.

However, if the issue persists, I would recommend you to post your query in

TechNet Forums
    as that would be the right direction for issues related to domain environment.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

Windows 10 Calculator error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• Is the computer connected to the domain?

• Did you try the same using Administrator account?

• Is the issue specific to Calculator App?

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Microsoft Account and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

1. Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain - Similar Threads - Calculator app crashing

2. Install App for specific user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install App for specific user: Hi, I have recently switched to Windows 11 as it seems inevitable anyways. I have created a private userfor all my private browsing, coding gaming stuff, and another user for everything I do in University.Since I have some apps that I only use for Uni and do not want to see...
  3. Install App for specific user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install App for specific user: Hi, I have recently switched to Windows 11 as it seems inevitable anyways. I have created a private userfor all my private browsing, coding gaming stuff, and another user for everything I do in University.Since I have some apps that I only use for Uni and do not want to see...
  4. Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.: An app that im trying to install in a computer that is in a azure domain, it wont lauch if i just duble click on it. so everytime i have to run it as an admin. That means that i gave to login with admin credentials and start it as an administrator. Is there a way that i can...
  5. Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.

Give admin rights to one app to a different domain user.: An app that im trying to install in a computer that is in a azure domain, it wont lauch if i just duble click on it. so everytime i have to run it as an admin. That means that i gave to login with admin credentials and start it as an administrator. Is there a way that i can...
  6. One CAL per domain user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One CAL per domain user?: Hello there, I'd like to know if I need two separate User-CAL's, if I want to use one PC but with two different A/D accounts. The background is that my company wants to give every employee one account with admin rights and one account without. Additionally it would be great...
  7. User@Domain / Domain\User problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User@Domain / Domain\User problem: So I was checking my Windows 10 computer and saw that there was no domain, it was in a WORKGROUP. I needed to use the format "User@Domain" or "Domain\User" for something, and I do not know what to put. The username is just "User" and there is no password. submitted by...
  8. App crashes on one specific account

App crashes on one specific account: Hi, I have downloaded an app and it crashes every time I open it. So I created a new account and guess what, it works just fine Seems like there's something called corrupted account with Microsoft lately. And I don't want to create a new account every time issue happens...
  9. pop up notification for specific users of domain

in Windows 10 Customization
    pop up notification for specific users of domain: we are a small DBA group and we need a reminder that pop up notifications at scheduled time. i found some scripts that sent notifications to all users of a domain. so how i can send for example this message "it is time to update your server documents" to specific users on...
  10. Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Specific to one user shows up for all users: I have a WIndows 2012 R2 server, on that server I have about 10 users. My desktop computer is Windows 10, my boss' computer is Windows 10. We are both users on the network. I am trying to share a folder with only him and none of the other employees. I have gone to Properties,...