Windows 10: Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10

Discus and support Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Calculator App is not working on Windows 10. Here is the information about my PC and Windows version: 16 GB RAM 64-bit operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilsonCal, Feb 22, 2021.

1. WilsonCal Win User

Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10

The Calculator App is not working on Windows 10.

Here is the information about my PC and Windows version:

16 GB RAM

64-bit operating system

Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

OS build 19043.685

Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

I have worked for HOURS trying to get the Calculator app to run on my PC.

The app flashes on the screen, and then ends crashes.

In searching the web as noted for hours, I have found and tried the following:

Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. The details that are returned are of no help. Most issues are noted as not present. An issue named Hanging or Crashing apps is noted as not fixed. Then a line below that says Reset hanging or crashing apps is noted as completed.

Uninstalled and reinstalled app multiple times. Restarted PC each time.

Reset the app in settings.

Tried to reregister windows 10 apps via PowerShell as an administrator. Not successful. Don't understand the results as they are cryptic. See many references to cannot find path, object not found.

Run the System File Checker sfc /scannow as adminstrator.

Run the DISM commands as administrator: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup AND Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

Restarted the PC after running each of the three commands above.

Ended the RuntimeBroker.exe processes.

Does anyone have a solution that will work?

:)

WilsonCal, Feb 22, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 Calculator not working

Hello,

If a default Windows 10 app is missing or not working correctly, it might be due to the system being outdated or there is a corruption within the system or profile that you are using. For us to isolate the issue in launching the Calculator app in Windows
    10, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the problem in opening the app started recently?
    • When attempting to open the app, are there any error messages that appear?
    • Are you able to launch the app using another local account?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, attempt to launch the app.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    The Windows Accessories Calculator (Windows 10) not working.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to access Calculator on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say, “Windows Accessories Calculator” are you referring to the Windows calculator application that comes preinstalled in Windows 10?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • May I know the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

If you are referring to the Windows Calculator application, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Reset Calculator

You may want to try resetting the Calculator application and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Calculator app, click on it and select
      Advanced options.
    4. Click on Reset, and wait for the process to complete.
    5. Now, try launching Calculator and check.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall

If resetting the app doesn’t help, you may want to try uninstalling it and then reinstall from Microsoft Store. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Calculator app, click on it and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Once the app is uninstalled, visit:
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5?activetab=pivotCalculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10 :eek:verviewtab
      and install Calculator.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10

1. Calculator App Does NOT Work on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Calculator App Does

2. Calculator app is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  3. Calculator app is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  4. Calculator APP Not working in windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator APP Not working in windows 10 20H2: HelloWhen trying to open calculator this message was promotedWe attempted to rest the app on apps and feature setting without success.Store app is managed by our organization hence not able to uninstall and reinstall for that.Please care to help this outBy the way there is no...
  5. Calculator APP Not working in windows 10 20H2

Calculator APP Not working in windows 10 20H2: HelloWhen trying to open calculator this message was promotedWe attempted to rest the app on apps and feature setting without success.Store app is managed by our organization hence not able to uninstall and reinstall for that.Please care to help this outBy the way there is no...
  6. Calculator and TV app not working

Calculator and TV app not working: This is weird but the two application are not working at all. It is not opening when you click it from start menu or from anywhere in the desktop. Other windows application working without problem so I checked every apps installed but this two apps are not responding....
  7. Mail and calculator app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and calculator app not working: My mail and calculator app not working. The 2 apps not working when I open it the app will not open. It is not on the task manager as well. No background apps are opened when I run the apps. How can I use those apps?...
  8. Calculator app no longer works

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Calculator app no longer works: I can't even redownload it I'm getting error: Code: 0x80073CF9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-no-longer-works/d7210c92-512c-40b8-b48e-7517872cdf4c
  9. Calculator app no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app no longer works: I can't even redownload it I'm getting error: Code: 0x80073CF9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-no-longer-works/d7210c92-512c-40b8-b48e-7517872cdf4c
  10. Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Photos and Calculator apps not working: This error keeps showing up when i open calculator or photos. It says they've been updating but this happened 2 weeks ago and it still happens. I tried checking for updates but nothing happened. How can i fix it?[ATTACH]...