Windows 10: calculator app fail

Discus and support calculator app fail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently when I tried using the scientific option in the windows 10 calculator app, I found that it was impossible to input " 48÷29+3 " since the digit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by barryweiner, Feb 20, 2021.

1. calculator app fail

Recently when I tried using the scientific option in the windows 10 calculator app, I found that it was impossible to input " 48÷29+3 " since the digit before the brackets i.e the 2 was not being registered and is instead evaluated as " 48÷9+3 " even when the 2 is typed after the closing brackets....

Currently using Calculator app version 10.2012.21.0

:)

barryweiner, Feb 20, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 20, 2021
  4. calculator app fail

The strange case of the vanishing calculator app.

Hi Victor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Are you able to see the calculator in the start menu?

• What is the status when you click on the app?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

As a work around, I suggest you to go through the answer provided by
    Vinodh_Kumar V
    for a similar thread and follow the steps mentioned.

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/calculator-app-not-working-on-windows-10/1d2a91be-58bf-4005-bf86-596a0d212c34

Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

calculator app fail

1. calculator app fail - Similar Threads - calculator app fail

2. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  3. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  4. calculator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  5. calculator app

calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  6. Calculator app is not working

Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  7. Calculator app is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  8. The Windows Calculator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Calculator App: Is it possible to put a answer to a equation in scientific notation?For exampleTurning 3.45E24/Avogadro's number = 5.730897009.... into3.45E24/Avogadro's number = 5.73 x 10 to the power of xNote: I do understand the subtopic is money but there is no "Other" subtopic or...
  9. Microsoft Calculator app

Microsoft Calculator app: why the calculator app in windows 10 collepes at strart in my PC? Plz answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-calculator-app/8b69e579-78e0-41bc-81c4-84e351820584
  10. Calculator app update

Calculator app update: Noticed when I tried to launch Calculator tonight it was just flashing open for a milli second then closing. Went into Windows Store and saw calculator stuck on updating. I paused the update and then clicked the circular arrow to re-download. This then went through and...