Windows 10: Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Discus and support Calculator App Launches On Its Own in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Malus_Black, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Hello, everyone.

I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903.

So far, it seems to be connected to the keyboard, somehow, as it hasn't started up when I'm only using the mouse or a gamepad, or when I've not been doing anything (watching movies, for instance), but regularly happens when I'm playing games using the keyboard, or typing. I can't seem to find any correlation between what buttons I press and when it launches, though.

It wouldn't be that bad if the calculator only opened in the background, or really anything other than minimising whatever I'm working on and dropping me to the desktop, so if I could somehow tell the app to not do that, I'd take that as a win, too.

Best regards,

Thomas

:)

Malus_Black, Nov 2, 2019

2. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 2, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator not working

Hello,

If a default Windows 10 app is missing or not working correctly, it might be due to the system being outdated or there is a corruption within the system or profile that you are using. For us to isolate the issue in launching the Calculator app in Windows
    10, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the problem in opening the app started recently?
    • When attempting to open the app, are there any error messages that appear?
    • Are you able to launch the app using another local account?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, attempt to launch the app.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Nov 2, 2019
  4. swarfega Win User

Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Calculator App Launches On Its Own

1. Calculator App Launches On Its Own - Similar Threads - Calculator App Launches

2. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  3. opening calculator on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening calculator on its own: HiI had Win 10 and 2-3 weeks ago Windows shutdown on its own or open the calculator or open Microsoft EdgeFirst I reset Windows but it didn't work, then I reinstalled Windows, it still didn't work, then I upgraded it to win 11, and I still have this problem. Does anyone know...
  4. Fonts on apps changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts on apps changing on its own: Hi, the last couple days my laptop has been acting weird. All my apps in the morning after being shut down for the night change their font on their own. I cannot read this font as well as the default one. Chrome, spotify, discord, and many other apps have been doing this. How...
  5. Computer launching things on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer launching things on its own: So I was writing some music in my music program, and Windows randomly started a program Virtualbox on its own. I don't have anything scheduled or set to autorun. I've seen it do this before also. Is it someone who has hacked me maybe? I am not sure what might be causing it....
  6. Google calculator, can it have its own app like window?

in Browsers and Email
    Google calculator, can it have its own app like window?: calculator - Google Search I particularly like how the result field works with the mouse. Can it run so it looks like an app? 168032
  7. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall. still not working...
  8. Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot launch Microsoft Store App / Missing Calculator app: Hello all. My os is acting strange. Noticed some time ago while playing games... blue popup box would open on its own and say "This app can't open. There's a problem with Xbox Game Bar..." I would dismiss it a couple times then it would go away. Didn't think much of it as I...
  9. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  10. Photos app restarts on its own

Photos app restarts on its own: I have Windows 10. Lately, for no apparent reason, the Photos app just starts up. I shut it down, and it starts up again. I tried repairing the app, and resetting it, but it keeps occurring. I tried closing everything down completely except a browser, and just looking at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calculator lauching itself windows

2. what might be the problem of calculator app in alaptop to keep opening itself