Windows 10: Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

Discus and support Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I think I know what causes this problem (User Account is corrupted or misconfigured somehow) but I don't know how to fix it. So it's because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by owenesia, Sep 26, 2019.

1. owenesia Win User

Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

Hello, I think I know what causes this problem (User Account is corrupted or misconfigured somehow) but I don't know how to fix it.

So it's because I changed my user account folder name via cmd on boot for 5-6 months ago, and now it's all working fine, however ALL windows 10 default app like:

- Calculator (and other windows 10 app)

- Microsoft Store

When I opened the app it closes immediately. Also cortana is missing.

How do i fix this?

My windows specifications:

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version: 1903

OS Build: 18362.356

I just updated my windows 2 days ago, however this problem is already exists before the update, it's been long time but I ignore them for long time, now I think it's good to fix this.

:)

owenesia, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Can't use Windows Store App or calculator

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to use Windows Store App or calculator.

The issue might be caused due to corruption in system files or corrupted user account.

I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and press Enter
      key.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select Windows Store Apps from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If the issue is unresolved, perform step 2.

Step 2: Create a new user account.

Refer to the below link to create a local user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 26, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator not working

Hello,

If a default Windows 10 app is missing or not working correctly, it might be due to the system being outdated or there is a corruption within the system or profile that you are using. For us to isolate the issue in launching the Calculator app in Windows
    10, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the problem in opening the app started recently?
    • When attempting to open the app, are there any error messages that appear?
    • Are you able to launch the app using another local account?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install them and restart your device. After restarting, attempt to launch the app.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

1. Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted) - Similar Threads - Calculator App Working

2. Calculator app is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  3. Calculator app is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  4. Missing files/ Probably corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files/ Probably corrupted: After an update I installed released some 1-2 months ago which I only installed a week after this post. Only one of two updates were successfully installed. the other one "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014697" has an "Install error -...
  5. Missing files/ Probably corrupted

Missing files/ Probably corrupted: After an update I installed released some 1-2 months ago which I only installed a week after this post. Only one of two updates were successfully installed. the other one "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014697" has an "Install error -...
  6. Cortana app missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana app missing: Edition.....Windows 10 Home Version......1909 OS Build........18363.657 Dell Desktop Recently noticed that Cortana app is missing from my app list not sure when it happened. Want to reinstall the app. Cannot find it in Microsoft store. Tried Powershell administrator...
  7. cortana not fully working and missing apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana not fully working and missing apps: i have just bought a new lap top for my daughter and have set myself up as administrator and her as a child. initially cortana had the search box with the mic in it now this has disappeared, cortana is also missing from the start menu. when i go into the cortana settings...
  8. Cortana Calculator not working anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana Calculator not working anymore: Hello! Up until some days ago, I used the 2018 version of Windows 10, and I could do simple math calculations just by typing them in the search bar, but some days ago I've upgraded my PC and installed the 2019 version and now I can't use this feature anymore, instead I can...
  9. Corrupted User Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted User Account?: Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem. I have only one user account on my laptop. Windows 10, 64 bit Asus UX305. My Pictures folder is now in my saved games folder, and I don't know why. A...
  10. Windows 10 Calculator not working on second user account

Windows 10 Calculator not working on second user account: Hi All! I have read a lot about the Windows 10 Calculator issues and none of the fixes I've come across (this site and others) are doing the trick. I tried to "re-register" the apps, but that just grinds for a bit then fails. I can easily access and use the Win10 calc in my...