Windows 10: Calculator app update

Discus and support Calculator app update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Noticed when I tried to launch Calculator tonight it was just flashing open for a milli second then closing. Went into Windows Store and saw calculator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Calculator app update

Noticed when I tried to launch Calculator tonight it was just flashing open for a milli second then closing. Went into Windows Store and saw calculator stuck on updating. I paused the update and then clicked the circular arrow to re-download. This then went through and completed. Calculator app now opens fine. Just in case anyone sees similar.

Not sure why it got stuck on the auto install phase, I've seen this happen before with MS core apps. I have had the PC on and off a couple times this evening so maybe I disrupted the install process at some point. Annoying the Windows 10 does this, it's rare but I like I say has happened before (I think with the photos app a month or two ago)

it does also perplex me why MS waste time updating the calculator app - how can you improve an app like this, It's just a calculator!

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 30, 2015
  2. b283s Win User

MS Calulator fails after Update for 12/18/2015 does not update all apps - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200)

After I received the update the MS calculator app fails

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200)

It seems that the app is not included in the update even though the option of Give me is updates for all other Microsoft products is checked.

Additionally in notification center the App is not listed either.

MS support found the app had an update but you can not find it by just entering calculator in the search. You have to enter Microsoft Calculator for it to return the correct app in the store and it identified that there was an update.

Is this the new normal with Microsoft Apps and does this occur with other apps?

b283s, Dec 30, 2015
  3. petrib Win User
    What I miss on my E71

WorldMate can update currencies off the network.

And there's also a Nokia calculator app here:

Kundensupport | Nokia Phones

petrib, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Calculator app update

1. Calculator app update - Similar Threads - Calculator app update

2. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  3. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  4. calculator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  5. calculator app

calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  6. Calculator app is not working

Calculator app is not working: The calculator app is not working properly. I can open it but once I type any numbers in it will not respond. It will become white and says not responding. I tried to download third party calculator and it is working fine but I dont want it. I want the build in app of Windows...
  7. The Windows Calculator App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Calculator App: Is it possible to put a answer to a equation in scientific notation?For exampleTurning 3.45E24/Avogadro's number = 5.730897009.... into3.45E24/Avogadro's number = 5.73 x 10 to the power of xNote: I do understand the subtopic is money but there is no "Other" subtopic or...
  8. calculator app fail

calculator app fail: Recently when I tried using the scientific option in the windows 10 calculator app, I found that it was impossible to input " 48÷29+3 " since the digit before the brackets i.e the 2 was not being registered and is instead evaluated as " 48÷9+3 " even when the 2 is typed after...
  9. Microsoft Calculator app

Microsoft Calculator app: why the calculator app in windows 10 collepes at strart in my PC? Plz answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-calculator-app/8b69e579-78e0-41bc-81c4-84e351820584
  10. Microsoft Calculator app update

Microsoft Calculator app update: Microsoft Calculator update in Stores App 33057