Windows 10: Calculator Auto-Start

Discus and support Calculator Auto-Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from 8.1 and find that the new calculator keeps auto-starting. It's not a major problem, but a little annoying, is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kashegan, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Kashegan Win User

Calculator Auto-Start

I have just upgraded from 8.1 and find that the new calculator keeps auto-starting. It's not a major problem, but a little annoying, is there a solution to this?

:)

Kashegan, Oct 20, 2015
  2. m0rose Win User

Windows 10 Calculator-pressing "Enter" doesn't give me total

I was looking for a solution to this, and I just happened to learn that simple calculations can be done in the Start Menu's search box (hit the windows key, then type your calculation and it will auto-detect and calculate for you).

Looks like basic add, subtract, multiply, divide, and exponent functions work this way. Since this covers the majority of my use cases for the old calc.exe, this might be an even better solution.

m0rose, Oct 20, 2015
  3. nifty260 Win User
    Windows major update

Yes Jesson ,recovered it as soon as I switched on it was working then it Auto updated and reoccurred. Simply fixed by deleting Windows 10 calculator and loaded the old Windows 7 -8 calculator etc. Works a dream and must I say it does look better in appearance
    also.

nifty260, Oct 20, 2015
  4. vexorg Win User

Calculator Auto-Start

vexorg, Oct 21, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    It probably got stuck into the Start folder or is in the Registry as a Run item. The last is possibly a task.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Calculator Auto-Start

1. Calculator Auto-Start - Similar Threads - Calculator Auto Start

2. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Start!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I upgraded my old secondary laptop from Windows 7 to 8.1. It is fine but Windows 8.1 and 10 are built-in fast startup. So my laptop automatically starts upon opening the lid without pressing power button. I did in Windows 7 when I hibernate anytime....
  3. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Start!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I upgraded my old secondary laptop from Windows 7 to 8.1. It is fine but Windows 8.1 and 10 are built-in fast startup. So my laptop automatically starts upon opening the lid without pressing power button. I did in Windows 7 when I hibernate anytime....
  4. Auto Start!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The calculator icon changes on the start menu

The calculator icon changes on the start menu: Hi! Can anybody help me? The calculator icon changed on the start menu, but the app seems to be ok. I have no clue why. Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-icon-changes-on-the-start-menu/61545bf9-1b0c-40e1-83d1-cbb12a048400
  6. Auto Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Start: How do one get apps like web browser an email app to start automatically at Windows 10 start up? With Windows XP which I used before I just added a link to the specific app to ...\Startup in the Start Menu, but I can't find this anywhere in Windows 10....
  7. Calculating in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calculating in the start menu: I remember being able to do basic calculations directly from the windows menu, but I can't get it to work now. is it still possible? Like, i would just press the Windows key, type "2+2" and it would say "4" If the feature is removed, is there any other way to instantly do...
  8. Calculator closing itself while starting.

Calculator closing itself while starting.: Hi, I have an issue with the Calculator app today, it's always closing while started. Before installing the cumulative updates last night, the app is working properly. Here is the event error log. General tab Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version:...
  9. auto start

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto start: how do I keep one note and driver finder from auto starting when I turn on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/auto-start/4bc573d3-c211-4131-a308-0bd165df878a
  10. auto start

in Browsers and Email
    auto start: hi all, I believe my gmail starts automatically when I turn on my pc.....I don't want it to. How do I set it up not to start automatically. Cheers mark. 42050