Windows 10: Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum

Discus and support Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When doing a sum of a series of numbers in Calculator, it used to be that all the values you added to the sum where being show in the display before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThinkBigger01, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum

When doing a sum of a series of numbers in Calculator, it used to be that all the values you added to the sum where being show in the display before you hit the = button to get the result.

After some update this seem to have changed.. when i add a number to a sum it only shows me the result of what has already been added up.. it doesn't show anymore the entire string of numbers you want to add up.

Example: if I want to do a sum of 5 + 3 + 7 + 6 + 1 = 22

after I type in "5 + 3 +" it will just show "8" where in the past it would show "5 + 3 +"

I don't know how to explain this well but i hope somebody understand what i try to say.

So how can i get the built-in Calculator app to show the entire string of numbers i'm trying to add up?

submitted by /u/ThinkBigger01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThinkBigger01, Mar 11, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Mar 11, 2021
  4. diwata Win User

Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum

Calculator in Windows 10 not showing history anymore? Any fix?

Hmm, let me try that again.

If I extend the width it shows that. Every time I add an item, it creates a new line of history.

But before it would show it like this, which was useful to see the string of items I used.

I was hoping it was just a setting to change.

diwata, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum

1. Calculator doesn't show anymore entire string of numbers when doing a sum - Similar Threads - Calculator doesn't show

2. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  3. The calculator doesn't calculate right.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The calculator doesn't calculate right.: Typing 5+5*2 gives the answer 20Should be 15 as multiplication always comes before addition/subtraction.This is the result of the calculator assuming that when you continue writing it should calculate at each step.Please fix this because it does not make a useful product when...
  4. Files with random strings of letters and numbers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with random strings of letters and numbers.: I don't know what Data Base Files do, but I just want confirmation on whether or not these files are safe. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-with-random-strings-of-letters-and-numbers/3f456c01-dfa6-4e67-bddf-6e3fd21df0ca
  5. Windows 10 calculator history sum seperate lines

Windows 10 calculator history sum seperate lines: Hello, Something has changed in a recent update with windows as far as the calculator. Before every sum in the history showed up in 1 line as: 1+2+3+4+5 and when hitting enter it showed as: 1+2+3+4+5=15 right now it shows as seperate lines each time as I hit the +...
  6. Calculator in Windows 10 not showing history anymore? Any fix?

Calculator in Windows 10 not showing history anymore? Any fix?: I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix calculator history. Windows version 10 with latest updates, though no updates this evening when the change happened. Under standard calculator it used to display live history above the total as shown on the right side of the...
  7. Calculator in Windows 10 not showing history anymore? Any fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Calculator in Windows 10 not showing history anymore? Any fix?: I was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix calculator history. Windows version 10 with latest updates, though no updates this evening when the change happened. Under standard calculator it used to display live history above the total as shown on the right side of the...
  8. calculator doesn't work anymore after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calculator doesn't work anymore after last update: after the last update i can't open the calculator, for someone who uses it often this is very annoying. edit: version 2004 - kb4586781 was the last update i mentioned submitted by /u/mjklsimpson [link] [comments]...
  9. Cortana Calculator not working anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana Calculator not working anymore: Hello! Up until some days ago, I used the 2018 version of Windows 10, and I could do simple math calculations just by typing them in the search bar, but some days ago I've upgraded my PC and installed the 2019 version and now I can't use this feature anymore, instead I can...
  10. Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana/Windows Search doesn't do math calculations anymore: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1903 and it seems I can no longer do math calculations in the search any more. In the past, entering simple math (or simple searches) resulted in the answer showing up on the frame on the right, but now all I see is "search the web...