Windows 10: Calculator focus

Discus and support Calculator focus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This question has been asked several times but they are all locked and it has clearly not been resolved as it is still an issue. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheGreenOne503, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Calculator focus

This question has been asked several times but they are all locked and it has clearly not been resolved as it is still an issue.

Windows 10

Calculator key brings up the calculator and sometimes puts it on top. Pinning to the task bar seems to force it on top which should absolutely not be necessary but hey, this is Microsoft we're working with. The problem that persists well into the year 2020, a full 5 years after this issue was brought to Microsoft's attention, is focus. If you're working in, say, Quickbooks and you need a calculator and hit the button...it opens the calculator but does not switch focus. I can't understand for the life of me why such an extremely basic function does not work, again, even after being brought to Microsoft's attention.

Posed solutions have included updating the Mouse and Keyboard Center but unless you're using a Microsoft branded keyboard, you aren't using the Mouse and Keyboard Center so this does not work. Another solution work around really is to go in and re-script the OS which is great if you're a programmer working on your own computer but maybe not at all helpful if you're an admin working on a company-owned computer.

If ANY other large tech company had this kind of issue, it would be patched in a subsequent release. Note that MS has allowed this to persist for at least a half decade. It's a calculator...on a computer. Not that hard.

I am not asking for a solution from MS because their responses are the same without regard to the details of the question. Perhaps a non-MS drone has had success in making their calculator work without having to buy a MS keyboard or re-write the program?

:)

TheGreenOne503, Jun 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Calculator app focus fail

There is a workaround. It will both solve the focus issue and the multi instance issue.

• Pin the Calculator App to the taskbar
    • Find the Windows Button + Number shortcut assigned to it (let's say it is Wn + 1)
    • Go to Mouse and Keyboard Center
    • Create a Macro such as Wn (pressed); 10ms; 1; 10ms; Wn(Released)
    • Assign it to the key.
    • Voilá. It works flawlessly.
    The downside is that you now are obliged to keep Calculator pinned to the taskbar, and, of course, if you pin something else on it's place, your Calc button will open something else (that's why 1 is a good choice).

Máximo Marques, Jun 24, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    Windows 10 Calculator app gets always on top and compact mode features

Why not make a suggestion on the Feedback Hub.

I think this is a step in the right direction. I use Calculator daily.

swarfega, Jun 24, 2020
  4. St3phan3y Win User

Calculator focus

Windows 10 Calculator app focus fail

Works great! Thanks

St3phan3y, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Calculator focus

1. Calculator focus - Similar Threads - Calculator focus

2. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  3. Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Calculator, etc all gone/won't work: The apps that come with my computer won't work anymore or are even gone. Microsoft Store, and Calculator are just gone and the XBox app won't open. I am sure there are others but these are the three I tried to get into. I only tried the XBox app because I found a guide that...
  4. OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating: I have OneDrive set on keeping all files on the drive. But often when I try to open a file, it tries to download the file and then it's stuck on "calculating". I tried different networks and different times. Nothing helps. I have to go online and get my file from there. The...
  5. OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating

OneDrive is Stuck on Calculating: I have OneDrive set on keeping all files on the drive. But often when I try to open a file, it tries to download the file and then it's stuck on "calculating". I tried different networks and different times. Nothing helps. I have to go online and get my file from there. File...
  6. How do I multiply on the Calculator?

How do I multiply on the Calculator?: I know this sounds Stupid, but, how do I multiply on the Calculator on my Computer. There is no Multiply sign . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-multiply-on-the-calculator/a75022d5-4e19-40bf-8cd6-4d1e8f958908
  7. Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem: Hello everybody, i have this problem with Windows 11 since the windows was avaliable and i updated my license from Windows 10 to 11, i use the default windows calculator and the way i normally open it is by pressing the Windows Key and type ''calc'' on the search bar from...
  8. Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem

Windows 11 Calculator App focus problem: Hello everybody, i have this problem with Windows 11 since the windows was avaliable and i updated my license from Windows 10 to 11, i use the default windows calculator and the way i normally open it is by pressing the Windows Key and type ''calc'' on the search bar from...
  9. Win10 Calculator problem - can't type, doesn't get focus

Win10 Calculator problem - can't type, doesn't get focus: Hey all - I've had a reoccuring problem that happens on some of the past updates of Win10, including the current 1803 version (but worked fine on the last version). If I run the calculator (my keyboard has a Calc button that spawns it), it usually pops up under all the other...
  10. Win10 Calculator problem - can't type, doesn't get focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Calculator problem - can't type, doesn't get focus: Hey all - I've had a reoccuring problem that happens on some of the past updates of Win10, including the current 1803 version (but worked fine on the last version). If I run the calculator (my keyboard has a Calc button that spawns it), it usually pops up under all the other...