Windows 10: Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

Discus and support Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello! In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GaborOrosz, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

Hello!

In Windows Search Win key + S the calculator, currency converter and other capabilities does not work for me.When I say it for Cortana it works, but in most cases typing would be better.

Cortana is enabled and running, but somehow it does not integrate with Search.

Thank you,
    Gabor

Device: Surface Pro X
    Windows display language: English - United Kingdom

What happened:

Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search 8550f87c-a390-432c-aef5-b9031db62a1d?upload=true.jpg

What I expected:

Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search ba733102-c1e1-4808-9ddf-762bbced5917?upload=true.jpg

:)

GaborOrosz, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Calculator not working

Please do the following steps:

Open apps and features:

Search for the app in "Search this list"

click on the calculator -> select Advance Options ->Reset done.

Thanks,

Rashed

rashedsayyed, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Instant Search Calculator

Hi thanks for the help, thats what most formus said as well however I dont know how to do it, I was wondering if you can tell me the steps and what I need to turn on and off and where I can find them, thank you

In a Nutshell, Jun 20, 2020
  4. MattCorey Win User

Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2020 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search

1. Calculator functionality does not work in Windows Search - Similar Threads - Calculator functionality does

2. Windows Search function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search function not working: On my Win 11 PC the search is not working. When I click on the search icon in the lower left, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows key and then try to type in the area which says "Type Here to search" nothing happens except that a Win 11 app is highlighted.Please advise...
  3. Windows Search function not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search function not working: On my Win 11 PC the search is not working. When I click on the search icon in the lower left, nothing happens. If I click on the Windows key and then try to type in the area which says "Type Here to search" nothing happens except that a Win 11 app is highlighted.Please advise...
  4. Search function does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function does not work properly: When I use the search function from the start menù it shows only a tiny fractions of all the result. It is completely broken. In particular it seems impossible to search in the C:/Program Files.How can I solve? I don't have any directory in the "exception"part, I don't have...
  5. Search function does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function does not work properly: When I use the search function from the start menù it shows only a tiny fractions of all the result. It is completely broken. In particular it seems impossible to search in the C:/Program Files.How can I solve? I don't have any directory in the "exception"part, I don't have...
  6. Search function not working,...

in Cortana
    Search function not working,...: I only have 1 account on my PC and I realized that from some time ago the search function was unable to search settings or other windows functions, only files, and I did what the internet told me to do and navigated to...
  7. Search Function Does not Work in Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search Function Does not Work in Windows 10: I have an unanswered followup question in another string, but it seems starting a new question may get results. For about a month, the search function in File Explorer and Win + S and Contana have not worked - I cannot type in the search box. Based on the number of...
  8. Windows search Calculator not working.

in Cortana
    Windows search Calculator not working.: Hi, I'm on windows version 1903 and lately my search calculator stopped working [ATTACH] I hope you could help me, Thanks, Felix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-calculator-not-working/8c79d267-a932-460e-96b0-f677d5529284"
  9. Proxy Explorer window search function does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Proxy Explorer window search function does not work: As the title implies, the search function on the Explore window does not work but only when Explore is being used by another program to open a file. That is a if I were to open Explore by itself I can search just fine. If on the other hand I open up a program and the program...
  10. Search function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Search function not working: Hello, When I type anything in the search, nothing shows up. really frustrating, what can I do to fix it? Thanks 28935