Windows 10: Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

Discus and support Calculator,Groove Music is not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and... but doesn't work for me . On my other user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mehrzad, Jun 2, 2016.

1. mehrzad Win User

Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and...
    but doesn't work for me . On my other user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not

now i want create a new user but i have many app in my previoususer ... It is possible that moves or copy to new user ?

:)

mehrzad, Jun 2, 2016

2. INBUILT APPS NOT WORKING INCLUDING STORE.

All the inbuilt apps such as CALENDAR,MAIL,CALCULATOR,GROOVE MUSIC,EDGE,PHOTOS,STORE,MAPS is not opening !

Vishaal Khanna, Jun 2, 2016
  3. apps

NO WINDOW 10 APP IS RUNNING ON MY COMPUTER; calculator,groove music etc nothing

,this problem recently occured

any app open just for second and then get closed automatically

KSHITIJMONEY TIWARI, Jun 2, 2016
  4. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

I don't know why they work on one user account but not another - but have you tried uninstalling these apps (as per tutorials) and reinstalling them?

markweatherill, Jun 2, 2016
  5. This is typical behaviour of Windows 10 and multi user accounts. I have found in the past native apps stop working in various user accounts. Usually what triggers it is, a native app gets updated but on rare occasions it fails and then re-attempts. The app might then update successfully and whilst it will continue to work for that user there is a good chance it will break for other users not logged on at the moment. It is such a flawed process. And because they are native apps there is no easy way of uninstalling and reinstalling them. Powershell fix is not to be trusted as it can make things much worse.

The only options are to either use system restore and restore to a point when you know they worked (if you have it active and can remember) or else delete your existing user account and then create a new user account for yourself. If there are documents/pics you need to keep under your current user then be sure to choose keep files when deleting your user account so they can be copies over after. This is a pain but once logged into it you can easily re-download your apps again via Store. Once your up and running be sure to go into Store and turn off automatic updating of apps to avoid this problem again. Only manually check for updates and before doing a native app update create a system restore point so you can much more easily reverse the process should another app update break functionality for yourself or other user accounts.

Scottyboy99, Jun 2, 2016
  6. mehrzad Win User
    yes .. i tried with powershell but didn't work

HTML Code: Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote]

mehrzad, Jun 2, 2016
  7. mehrzad Win User
    thank you sir
    I'm disappointed ... i love win 10 but such problems .......................
    Meanwhile This is the second time I change user account

mehrzad, Jun 2, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

In my opinion only :
    You have 2 options.
    1. You user account is corrupted.
    Create a new user account with exactly the same privileges > logon to it and make sure it works properly. Then go to the account that does not work properly > backup the personal files you want > then delete the account.
    You will need to re-install all the apps into the new account.

2. Run a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Repair Install allows you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  9. mehrzad Win User
    thanks sir .... but wasn't solve

mehrzad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening - Similar Threads - Calculator Groove Music

2. The Groove Music app is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Groove Music app is not opening: hey Microsoft I'm on Windows 10 Version 20H2 I'm facing a problem that says that when I try to open Groove Music app it can't open even I try to update but when I try to update apps the ms store comes with a error that says something unexpected happens I tried...
  3. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  4. Groove Music, Alarms & Clocks, Calculator, and Microsoft Store won't open and does not...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove Music, Alarms & Clocks, Calculator, and Microsoft Store won't open and does not...: Help, I want to open Groove Music, Calculator, Alarms & Clocks, and Microsoft Store on my computer, but it won't open, on the Start Menu, it has an updating status and then it stops and then when I click on it, it doesn't open, help, what can I do?...
  5. Groove Music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Groove Music: Hi. How can I copy and burn playlist to USB stick resp. CD-RW ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music/7facad66-ffa9-47dc-a160-2c8550fe88b8"
  6. Groove Music

Groove Music: Will Groove Music App still work to play local files after Microsoft kills Groove Music Pass by the end of this year? My concern is that this is the only reliable app that plays music without glitches when my Surface Pro is on connected standby. 96561
  7. Unable to install Groove music, Windows Calculator and Sound recorder.

Unable to install Groove music, Windows Calculator and Sound recorder.: For some unknown reasons I'm unable to install Groove music, Windows Calculator and Sound Recorder. Few days ago there was an update for all these apps I tried to install the update but failed to install updates and Windows 10 Store returned me this error "0x80073CF9". I...
  8. Music Groove

Music Groove: Hello, i have installed fresh windows 10 pro system. I have wanted to listen to my music using Music Groove app. When i have wanted to launch it then it said i need to install Media Feature Pack. Ok, so i have installed both, for 32 and 64bit version using link described...
  9. Groove Music

Groove Music: My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and...
  10. Groove Music

Groove Music: Does anyone else think this app is a POS, or am I doing something that makes it seem that way? Every time I open it, it starts to load all my 1000's of songs on my computer and I can't find a way to clear songs from it or stop it loading. I'm also trying to find a way to edit...