Windows 10: calculator - how can I get it on opening

Discus and support calculator - how can I get it on opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can t find 'calculator in my 'start' menu how can I get it there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fransite1, Mar 15, 2019 at 3:37 AM.

1. fransite1 Win User

calculator - how can I get it on opening

I can

t find 'calculator in my 'start' menu

how can I get it there?

:)

2. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 15, 2019 at 3:41 AM
  3. John Vil Win User
    CALCULATOR WILL NOT OPEN - WINDOWS 10

Hello Maxine,

There may be several reasons why the Calculator won't suddenly open. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there updates installed prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked the Windows Store if there are any available updates for Calculator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

4. calculator - how can I get it on opening

calculator again

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here are some steps that may help:

I request you to remove Calculator by following the below steps:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:
      1. powershell
      2. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    6. Close the CMD window.

Now you can install the Calculator from Windows store or from the below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-calculator/9wzdncrfhvn5

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Thema:

calculator - how can I get it on opening

1. calculator - how can I get it on opening - Similar Threads - calculator opening

2. Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10: Today, we’re excited to announce that we are open sourcing Windows Calculator on GitHub under the MIT License. This includes the source code, build system, unit tests, and product roadmap. Our goal is to build an even better user experience in partnership with the community....
  3. Microsoft Store & apps like Groove, Camera, Calendar, Calculator etc does not open up.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store & apps like Groove, Camera, Calendar, Calculator etc does not open up.: I already tried the following steps following an earlier post : 1. wsreset.exe 2. Command Prompt (Admin) - powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml 3. Tried Troubleshooting...
  4. Most apps not opening + Infinte Calculating when trying to delete things that require...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Most apps not opening + Infinte Calculating when trying to delete things that require...: For some reason when I try to open most apps on my pc I get the error: (file name) The specified path does not exist. Check the path, then try again. I tried to check the specified path and the file was there. I tried to open the file but I got the same error. I also...
  5. Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator opening automatically on pressing keys: I don't how but in Windows 10 Pro Calculator is automatically opening on pressing any random key like sometimes on I or L or ; or volume key. So I decided to forcefully uninstall it via PowerShell but now itsi asking "You'll need an app to open calculator" so in short it...
  6. windows 10 1803 - calculator will not stay open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 1803 - calculator will not stay open: Hi, just had two users all of a sudden lose the ability to use the calculator in windows 10. Both have cold booted but that did not matter. If they open the calculator app it opens for a few seconds and then closes again. Only two people so far but both started today. At...
  7. I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator

I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator: Hello there, I've noticed just today that I can't open Windows Store nor the Calculator. I saw some people say that they have issues with all Windows Apps in this case, but for me, Photos, Camera, and a few others I tested all work fine. However, Store (and Calculator) both...
  8. Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon

Windows Calculator & Store Not opening and displaying white icon: Hi, I am new to these forums so I hope this is placed in the correct section. I have been googling for a while now and I cannot find anything which is helping me. About a week ago the calculator started opening and then closing instantly so I tried re-registering the...
  9. Windows 10 Calculator App not opening

Windows 10 Calculator App not opening: For some reason in windows 10 I can't seem to get my Calculator to open up... I click on the icon and a quick flash happens on the screen and then nothing. Appreciate any help. 67268
  10. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

Calculator,Groove Music is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and... but doesn't work for me . On my other user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not now i want create a new user but i have many app in my...