Windows 10: Calculator is missing

Discus and support Calculator is missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 last week. The old calculator was removed, but I can't find the new calculator or any calculator. FYI: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ktchong, Aug 7, 2015.

1. ktchong Win User

Calculator is missing

Upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 last week. The old calculator was removed, but I can't find the new calculator or any calculator.

FYI: I currently use Classic Shell - because I hate the tile interface. The calculator is not in any program group.

:)

ktchong, Aug 7, 2015
  2. hpholm Win User

Terrible bug with Calculator % button

In the Windows calculator, the % sign is missing in the calculation shown on the screen above the result, and it incorrectly multiplies when hitting = after the calculation is done.

hpholm, Aug 7, 2015
  3. bvsukumar Win User
    calculator

I'm extremely disappointed with the missing feature of "Date calculations" in default calculator comes with Windows 10 OS.

Microsoft has added lot of other features to the Windows 10 Calculator from Windows 8 Calculator; Instead of enhancing the features from Windows 8, I really don't know why Microsoft has
    missed/removed the old functionality related to "Date calculations" in Windows 10 calculator. I'm extremely disagree with Microsoft on this.

I will be very glad if Microsoft provides the same in Windows 10 Calculator too.

Additionally, Your response doesn't provide the complete details regarding Professional Calculator. I do not find Microsoft developed 'Professional Calculator App' in Windows Store. I'm extremely unhappy with your response.

bvsukumar, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Calculator is missing

The calculator is not under any folder group it's just a universal application. It's installed by default on all systems and I have yet to find a simple way to uninstall it, I tried.

It's likely located under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps but going into such folder will require changing folders permission settings which I am not in the mood of personally doing.

chris1neji, Aug 7, 2015
  5. ktchong Win User
    So how do I access the calculator? It's not showing anywhere.

ktchong, Aug 7, 2015
  6. *Start key and type: calculator
    if nothing shows up update to the latest classic shell if there is a new version available. If there is not, uninstall classic shell temporarily to verify that calculator is actually in the system.
    This is likely an incompatibility with classic shell and window store applications.

chris1neji, Aug 7, 2015
  7. ossie Win User
    I just type Calculator in search bar and it pops up at top of list.

ossie, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Calculator is missing

It's that flat grey thing.

Microsoft still let you download Calculator plus: Download Microsoft Calculator Plus from Official Microsoft Download Center, which is a horrible blue thing, with really bad plastic lookalike oval buttons, but with classic view can look like the old XP calc.exe (which still runs in windows 10 if you have XP on your system) as in the screenshot:
    Calculator is missing [​IMG]

Fafhrd, Aug 7, 2015
  9. OldAussie Win User
    Instead of using the Metro App calculator, you can install a classic desktop calculator.
    Here is a good free one "Microsoft Calculator Plus"
    It has standard, scientific and conversion modes.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21622

Because it's not an app, it appears in the list of programs in the left column of the start menu.
    First thing I do is go to its View menu and change to classic view instead of it's groovy skin.

Added:
    Ooops, I just noticed Fafhrd has already mentioned it (blushes)

OldAussie, Aug 7, 2015
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    That's OK, OldAussie - seems you and I think alike. The currency conversion feature is a bit naff tho *Confused

Fafhrd, Aug 7, 2015
  11. smalltalk Win User
    smalltalk, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Bazz Win User
    Downloads / Software / Old Calculator for Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8

Edit Seems smalltalk addressed this.

Regards

13. Calculator is missing

MS has got be really desperate to replace even Calc with that thing.
    It takes about 5 secs to open vs classic one, which opens instantly.

The migration of system apps to metro would not be so bad, if they were better, faster, not crashing.

TairikuOkami, Aug 8, 2015
  14. BillGates Win User
    BillGates, Aug 8, 2015
  15. I know a lot of people exaggerate on the internet, but does it really take you 5 seconds to open calculator application? It opens just as fast as before. The application will usually finish loading and be ready before i am able to move my hang over to my number pad. It loads very fast. Cold boots, warm boots, after days without restarting.

chris1neji, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Calculator is missing

1. Calculator is missing - Similar Threads - Calculator missing

2. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    calculator is missing from windows 10: my calculator has disapered from my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-is-missing-from-windows-10/d5711dfb-64e8-4422-9e62-22e45aefd4a2
  3. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator is missing from windows 10: my calculator has disapered from my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-is-missing-from-windows-10/d5711dfb-64e8-4422-9e62-22e45aefd4a2
  4. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert Euro to USD, but i don't see USD listed anymore Tried resetting the app, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarted my laptop a few times nothing works. It's like the United States Dollar disappeared from...
  6. Missing Currency in calculator

Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert Euro to USD, but i don't see USD listed anymore Tried resetting the app, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarted my laptop a few times nothing works. It's like the United States Dollar disappeared from...
  7. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Missing currency on calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing currency on calculator: I cant find usd on my calculator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-currency-on-calculator/24ed6da5-e70d-4c76-8da9-b1d7b7402fa1
  9. Missing currency on calculator

Missing currency on calculator: I cant find usd on my calculator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-currency-on-calculator/24ed6da5-e70d-4c76-8da9-b1d7b7402fa1
  10. Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows

Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows: Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows. I tried installing from the app store but neither install button works across multiple browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox....