Windows 10: Calculator is missing

Discus and support Calculator is missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a calculator app when I first upgraded to 10 and I loved it because it would open directly to whatever conversion table you used last which was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ktchong, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Qablooie Win User

Calculator is missing

I had a calculator app when I first upgraded to 10 and I loved it because it would open directly to whatever conversion table you used last which was kg to lbs. It was a pain in the windows 7 & 8 version. You have to pick weight from the list them pick each category ie kg and lbs. Seriously, who converts carats on a routine basis except jewelers?? The MS Edge got corrupted and I ended up replacing that particular user profile and now poof! the calculator is gone. Either that or it was removed in one of the recent OS updates.

Qablooie, Aug 13, 2015
  2. LynnM Win User

I cannot find any calculator on my computer after switching to Windows 10. So I downloaded Microsoft Calculator Plus but it won't open. There's a dialog box that says I have to search in the App store. Is this supposed to be progress?

LynnM, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Edwin New Member
    Hi LynnM
    Welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Click on Start/All apps/Calculator:

Calculator is missing [​IMG]

or navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and click on calc.exe:

Edwin, Nov 8, 2015
  4. LynnM Win User

Calculator is missing

Thank you very much Edwin. It works now!

LynnM, Nov 9, 2015
  5. augratin Win User
    Sorry to bump an old(ish) thread but I've just started having this problem. Yesterday everything was working fine. I have a Logitech keyboard with a calculator button on it, mapped to the calc app. It has worked flawlessly for years.

Today I hit the calc button and get this message:

Huh??

I went to C:\Windows\System32 and manually tried to open it... same message.

In the Cortana search for "calc" I get these results:

The app just seems to have evaporated, minus all the shortcuts that still point to it. I even used it this morning. Around lunchtime I closed the lid and let it go to sleep. I just woke it up now and have this problem.

This Surface Pro 3 has been one surprise after another. Any ideas?

augratin, Jan 30, 2016
  6. Fury Win User
    The calculator should be the easiest thing to find. Windows10 is very dissapointing*Shock

Thema:

Calculator is missing

1. Calculator is missing - Similar Threads - Calculator missing

2. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    calculator is missing from windows 10: my calculator has disapered from my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-is-missing-from-windows-10/d5711dfb-64e8-4422-9e62-22e45aefd4a2
  3. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator is missing from windows 10: my calculator has disapered from my windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-is-missing-from-windows-10/d5711dfb-64e8-4422-9e62-22e45aefd4a2
  4. calculator is missing from windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert Euro to USD, but i don't see USD listed anymore Tried resetting the app, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarted my laptop a few times nothing works. It's like the United States Dollar disappeared from...
  6. Missing Currency in calculator

Missing Currency in calculator: I am trying to use currency conversion in Calculator in Win 10 to convert Euro to USD, but i don't see USD listed anymore Tried resetting the app, uninstalling, reinstalling, restarted my laptop a few times nothing works. It's like the United States Dollar disappeared from...
  7. Missing Currency in calculator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Missing currency on calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing currency on calculator: I cant find usd on my calculator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-currency-on-calculator/24ed6da5-e70d-4c76-8da9-b1d7b7402fa1
  9. Missing currency on calculator

Missing currency on calculator: I cant find usd on my calculator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-currency-on-calculator/24ed6da5-e70d-4c76-8da9-b1d7b7402fa1
  10. Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows

Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows: Calculator and Notepad missing from Windows. I tried installing from the app store but neither install button works across multiple browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox....