Windows 10: Calculator is not opening

Discus and support Calculator is not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried SFC/scannow and everything is fine. On my dad's user account in the same PC it's working but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edward, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Edward Win User

Calculator is not opening

When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried SFC/scannow and everything is fine. On my dad's user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not.

:)

Edward, Oct 28, 2015

2. Calculator is not opening

Hello,

Open administrative Windows PowerShell and type following and press Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Let the command complete. See if the apps works fine now.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Calculator is not opening

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Calculator

Select this App

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Open the Microsoft Store app then check for updates.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

What happens when you go to the \Windows\System32\ folder and run calc.exe directly?

Kanata, Oct 28, 2015
  5. By any chance have you disabled UAC?

TairikuOkami, Oct 28, 2015
  6. Edward Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I tried it but It won't open.

Edward, Oct 28, 2015
  7. Edward Win User
    Thanks for the reply. UAC is enabled and default option

Edward, Oct 28, 2015
  8. George Win User

What happens when you click on the Store icon? If it also does not work, then you may need to refresh the system, try the store icon again and search for updates.

George, Oct 29, 2015
  9. Cornishman, Oct 29, 2015
  10. Edward Win User
    Everything worked only the calculator did not open

Edward, Oct 29, 2015
  11. Edward Win User
    Edward, Oct 29, 2015
  12. Edward Win User
    I made a new user account and removed the old one and now it is working again *Smile

Edward, Oct 29, 2015
  13. kjgrwv1 Win User

Had this same problem Calculator would not load.... went to Store and re-downloaded the calculator app and now is working fine ... this is the 1st thing that has been easy to fix. Hope it helps.

kjgrwv1, Jan 12, 2016
  14. OldAussie Win User
    I recommend Microsoft Calculator Plus.

It has 3 views: Standard, Scientific, and Conversion which includes converting currencies, as well as all the usual units such as International metric to/from the US antique units.

It has one memory with the usual MC (clear) MR (recall) MS (set) M+ (add).

It hasn't been changed since 2005, but who cares, it still works perfectly in Windows 10 and has a more complete feature set than a trendy new app.

You can get it direct from Microsoft: Download Microsoft Calculator Plus from Official Microsoft Download Center

-------------------------

By the way, it recently stopped launching from my Start Menu. So I deleted the shortcut its installer had made, from:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then I created a new shortcut in my Start Menu, by Right-Click dragging C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Calculator Plus\CalcPlus.exe
    into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    then giving the new shortcut a more friendly name.

OldAussie, Jan 13, 2016
  15. Greg R Win User
    I have a fix that will allow you to still keep UAC enabled, provide no prompting for a user, while still being able to run all Metro apps - calculator, Edge, weather, news, calendar, etc

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    Name Original Data Updated Data ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin 0x00000003 0x00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorUser 0x00000003 0x00000000 EnableLUA 0x00000001 0x00000001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI
    Change (Default) from the (value not set) to 0x00000001(1)

Reboot your Windows 10 machine and enjoy all the metro apps that require UAC/escalation without the nags

Greg R, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Calculator is not opening - Similar Threads - Calculator opening

2. Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?: Why won't my Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thank *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?: Why won't my Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thank *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open: Hi, for the past month or so, the store app, the calculator, the xbox apps and some settings screens just wont open. If I click on one of them it will show the opening screen and immediatley crash. I tried pretty much everything including factory reset, and all the Powershell...
  5. Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open

Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open: Hi, for the past month or so, the store app, the calculator, the xbox apps and some settings screens just wont open. If I click on one of them it will show the opening screen and immediatley crash. I tried pretty much everything including factory reset, and all the Powershell...
  6. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  7. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  8. When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator: I have a button on my Logitech keyboard that opens Calculator, but if I'm using Notepad, it won't open. I have to switch to something else in order for the button to open Calculator. Is there any way to fix this?...
  9. When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator

When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator: I have a button on my Logitech keyboard that opens Calculator, but if I'm using Notepad, it won't open. I have to switch to something else in order for the button to open Calculator. Is there any way to fix this?...
  10. I can't open my calculator, microsoft teams, snipping tool, and other apps on my dell computer.

I can't open my calculator, microsoft teams, snipping tool, and other apps on my dell computer.: I click the calculator, teams, snipping tool, and other apps on my laptop, and they do not open. I don't understand why. Even on the start menu, they have little gray lines under them instead of the application name. Can anyone provide some guidance on this??...